cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cpu Air cooler for my build, (Don't want water cooling.)

ThatsBS
Level 8
Hi, my new build is going to be:

MB:Asus p9x79 Pro,
CPU:Intel 3930K CPU overclocked only with the TPU switch,
PSU:Enermax Galaxy 850w PSU
RAM:16gb of G Skill ripjawsz @ 1866mhz or 8gb Corsair Dominator GT @1866 (unsure yet of which to go)
GPU:Asus GTX680 sli
Case: Coolermaster HAF X, c/w all fans (except side panel fan as I have changed the side panel to a 932 advanced one.)

I am woundering what would be a good CPU air cooler for this build that would be able to handle maybe more oc in future.

Many thanks
10 REPLIES 10

ThatsBS
Level 8
Have got an 1366 socket coolermaster hype n620 cooler. Can i use in future you think?

loli
Level 7
I used this gigantic Thermaltake mo'fo for a while before going watercooled 🙂 did much better than stock cooler, and whats more it was free, was found in a friends attic 😄

ColonelS
Level 9

loli
Level 7

It dowesnt help too much as the socket size is totally worng, would need the MB (P9x79 pro) to be socket x capable for that to happen.

Granger
Level 10
I would say the same as ColonelS but I would add THIS to the list, The Noctua NH-C14 I have running on an old 775 socket with an E6850 clocked at 3.2Ghz that has been running at 100% load for 3 weeks nonstop and it doesnt go over 45° and I'm only using 1 fan because there is not enough space in my case to fit the second fan. Also, it is practically silent.

Im rally hoping I will be able to get a socket 2011 bracket for my hyper N620, otherwise I will look more into the recommended ones. I am just waiting on Coolermaster to release this bracket. Does anyone know how well the n620 will perform vs the recommended ones you have suggested? (Only if coolermaster realeases a braket for this cooler. Thanks

ColonelS
Level 9
i would say noctua will win N620 anytime.
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I've had really good luck with Arctic Cooling Products myself and I just went over their line of 2011 Coolers. Their Recomendation and it looks to be mine also is http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/assistant/cpu/chip/504. It's fully compatible with what your doing and it has an Amazing 320watts of Cooling Capacity... The one I have is the Freezer 64 and it was made for the AMD939/940's and Intel 775 lines but it fit my AM3 just fine and works better than I thought. I have a thread around here somewhere showing it in action.