cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Recommendations for Asus Rog Maximus xi Hero

rikati
Level 7
Hi all. I just ordered a Maximus xi Hero for a new build and am hoping to purchase the rest of the parts today. I've heard that there have been some issues regarding the Maximus board mounting/fitting in certain cases.

I'm hoping for some best-fit case recommendations. I haven't ordered any of the other parts yet, and I'm not partial to water cooling/air cooling, nor do I especially care about RGB and the like. Looking to spend anywhere from $100-280 on the case itself.

I'm open to all suggestions. Just has to fit with no extra modding/drilling/cramming. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

edrickjk
Level 7
There so many good case lately, my pick would be phantek eclipse 400A, NZXT H710,Fractal meshify c and lastly lian-li pc 011 dynamic.

edrickjk wrote:
There so many good case lately, my pick would be phantek eclipse 400A, NZXT H710,Fractal meshify c and lastly lian-li pc 011 dynamic.

I was looking at the Fractal Meshify C. A lot of people really seem to like it. Has anyone here done a successful build with the Meshify C and the Maximus xi? I'm worried most about case compatibility and the smooth fit of the motherboard.

edrickjk
Level 7
Plenty of people did,you can check on pcpartpicker, i would not worry about the fitment.

I've owned; Antec 900, Corsair 750D and now a Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Phanteks is the best I have had. I cannot list anything bad about it so I would highly recommend them!

For your budget you could probably get either of the following (cheapest first):

• P300
  • P400
  • Enthoo Pro M or the Tempered Glass version <--- Really good case!
  • Enthoo Pro or the Tempered Glass version <--- bigger brother (I own this one)

i have a darkflash phantom. thing comes with 6 rgb fans already. yes the front 4 are a little tight with not much airspace between the front glass and the f ans but my thermals are still great. i have 11 fans total in this thing and my cpu never goes above 40c . but. cable management is a bit of a nightmare. not a lot of room in the back. thats my only complaint about the case.

pete_agreatguy wrote:
I've owned; Antec 900, Corsair 750D and now a Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Phanteks is the best I have had. I cannot list anything bad about it so I would highly recommend them!

For your budget you could probably get either of the following (cheapest first):

• P300
  • P400
  • Enthoo Pro M or the Tempered Glass version <--- Really good case!
  • Enthoo Pro or the Tempered Glass version <--- bigger brother (I own this one)

I ended up going with the Enthoo Pro M. It's a very nicely put together case. Sadly, the Corsair H115i CPU cooler won't mount to the top rack due to clearance issues. I'm going to try and mount the fans to the side of the case, but I might have to go with something else.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Just rebuild my pc on the H710. and is nice and simple. changes are ok, but i did not like the lower compartment changes. aside that is a blast to work with. I think I will order some stuff for it. the 90degree cooler master 24pin adapter. and make own extension. The new glass mount is fantastic

Learn, Play Enjoy!

edrickjk
Level 7
You can remove the optical drive cage,it would clear the space you need for your aio then. If you absolutely need a dvd drive,external usb one are dirt cheap these day.

edrickjk wrote:
You can remove the optical drive cage,it would clear the space you need for your aio then. If you absolutely need a dvd drive,external usb one are dirt cheap these day.

I went ahead and removed the optical drive cage and front mounted the radiator. Everything fits nicely with plenty of space now. I have the pump pulling air in from the front and a back and top mounted fan for exhaust. Might get one more top mounted exhaust fan. Very pleased with the Phanteks case overall.