cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get video drivers installed on z690 Formula

Spindlwood
Level 7
I've got a z690 Formula and a Tuf 3080 ti.
I've installed the latest bios (0811) and tried to install the drivers listed.
However, when I install the Intel(R) Graphics Accelerator Driver (Listed as VGA Drivers by Asus), I get:
No driver was found that can be installed on the current device.

I downloaded the Tuf 3080 ti bios update from Asus and when running it says:
Your graphics card doesn't need to update VBIOS!

I also download the GPU Tweak utility and when running, it says
Load vender.dll fail. Please install VGA Driver

Which takes me back to square one, wondering why the VGA driver install couldn't find a driver to install

When I run MSI Afterburner, it says the GPU display device is:
Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
I am running my monitor off the 3080 ti.

Any ideas how I can get the proper drivers installed?
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

When you use a dedicated graphics card (in your case an NVIDIA GeForce GPU-based graphics card), your Intel iGPU (integrated GPU in the CPU) is disabled, and therefore there is no point in installing the Intel iGPU drivers.

You do however need to install your NVIDIA GeForce GPU drivers : [DRIVERS] NVIDIA GeForce GPU (9xx/10xx/16xx/20xx/30xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

When you use a dedicated graphics card (in your case an NVIDIA GeForce GPU-based graphics card), your Intel iGPU (integrated GPU in the CPU) is disabled, and therefore there is no point in installing the Intel iGPU drivers.

You do however need to install your NVIDIA GeForce GPU drivers : [DRIVERS] NVIDIA GeForce GPU (9xx/10xx/16xx/20xx/30xx)

MoKiChU wrote:

That indeed was the issue. I can't imagine why Asus doesn't include the driver needed on their support downloads page - or at least instructions to do so? Unless I missed something, this seems pretty basic. For every other Asus product I have, I expect everything I need to be on their site.

Thanks!