cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build using Z270 or wait for Z370

jrrog1975
Level 7
I'm really not trying to get into a "something better is always around the corner conversation", but I was considering doing a Z270 build. However, I've noticed a few reports that the Z370 chipset will be released in August in response to new competition from AMD. Should I wait? Or are Z370 and Coffee Lake not expected to be a big deal anyway?
7 REPLIES 7

panzlock
Level 12
I'd wait for the 10nm Cannonlake.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
I'd wait for the 10nm Cannonlake.

Cannonlake is coming out first of 2018, correct?

panzlock
Level 12
Slated for a late 2017 release just after Coffee but I'm not sure that will happen. Intel seems really busy so I imagine there might be delays. Late 2017 possibly, early 2018 probably.

panzlock wrote:
Slated for a late 2017 release just after Coffee but I'm not sure that will happen. Intel seems really busy so I imagine there might be delays. Late 2017 possibly, early 2018 probably.

I'm starting to see reports of Coffee Lake/Z370 being delayed until next year. Are these reports valid?

jrrog1975 wrote:
I'm starting to see reports of Coffee Lake/Z370 being delayed until next year. Are these reports valid?

http://wccftech.com/intels-coffee-lake-s-engineering-samples-spotted-on-sisoft-sandra-database-6-cor...

Intel’s Coffee Lake-S Engineering Samples Spotted On SiSoft Sandra Database – 6 Core / 12 Thread Processors With 3.5 GHz Base Clock / 4.2 GHz+ Turbo

panzlock wrote:
http://wccftech.com/intels-coffee-lake-s-engineering-samples-spotted-on-sisoft-sandra-database-6-cor...

quote below from another forum...so who knows...
"Sweepr: I see there's 'rumors' about Coffee Lake being delayed to 2018 circulating in clickbait websites. The original article from WinFuture.de only provides info about mobile products and a 65W 'S' part (and speculates about the rest), saying Kaby Lake Refresh comes in September, Gemini Lake in late 2017 and Coffee Lake in February. Basically nothing new because it was already known that mobile Coffee Lake was a Q1-2018 product. To clear up any confusion, the only parts launching in August are unlocked 65W/95W 4C/6C desktop models + Z370 chipset, everything else including traditional locked 65W desktop models, mobile variants (U, H), Xeon E3 and new chipsets will only be available next year. This is the latest roadmap from Intel itself pre-Computex:

jrrog1975 wrote:
quote below from another forum...so who knows...
"Sweepr: I see there's 'rumors' about Coffee Lake being delayed to 2018 circulating in clickbait websites. The original article from WinFuture.de only provides info about mobile products and a 65W 'S' part (and speculates about the rest), saying Kaby Lake Refresh comes in September, Gemini Lake in late 2017 and Coffee Lake in February. Basically nothing new because it was already known that mobile Coffee Lake was a Q1-2018 product. To clear up any confusion, the only parts launching in August are unlocked 65W/95W 4C/6C desktop models + Z370 chipset, everything else including traditional locked 65W desktop models, mobile variants (U, H), Xeon E3 and new chipsets will only be available next year. This is the latest roadmap from Intel itself pre-Computex:

Also, assuming Z370 comes out in August, how long would it be before the new ROG 370 boards are released?