cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget RMA Upgrade B350-f to B450-f pcie lane questions

UberOriginal
Level 7
Replacing mobo from B350-F to B450-F due to RMA, I have a 2400G in the B350-F now(paid a hold fee for advanced replacement) I was not going to put that 2400G in another computer, so I saved and just got an AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I upgraded from the 2400G APU graphics by getting an ROG-STRIX-RX560-O4G-GAMING. I have no idea what to expect. I know that My pcie lanes were all taken up with the 2400g and the b350-f. Is everything pretty free and clear with upgrading to B450-F, Ryzen 5 3600, the RX 560, Samsung evo 970 M.2 500GB. Will I have any PCIe lanes left over? I went to RTFM but it seems a little dated. I assume that I would install the single M.2 in the M.2_1 slot... will I have any issues using several smaller RPM drives along with the M.2?(i have them lying around everywhere) Any advice, information, or other perspective would be grealy appreciated. I have built many PC's but this one is overtaking my now dated knowledge and experience. I'm a bit hesitant, because if this does not work I am going to loose my mind. Thanks all for reading.

UO
0 REPLIES 0