cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new PC after 1 week of use dont even post at 3200 mhz ram speed

fragos_1990
Level 7
Since i bought my new pc, for 1 week it was running fine at 3200 mhz. After my issue started i updated bios and tried again at 3200mhz but my problem didnt solved. I went back to my local pc service and told me it was a faulty motherboard. I changed my asus x470f gaming to x570f gaming but my problem remains exactly the same, even with x570f gaming and after 1-2 weeks my pc didnt post at 3200mhz. Again back to pc service, they tried with 2 different ryzen cpu, psu and another compatible pair of ram but they still cant make it post at 3200mhz, the higher they could get it is 2600 mhz. I believe its psu that causes this, for some reason it affects the motherboard and make it impossible to work properly.

Asus x570f gaming (x470f gaming previous mobo)
Ryzen 5 3600
Gskill tridentz rgb 2*8GB (olso tried with gskill ripjawsV)
Corsair TX-M series 650W gold+
RX5700XT Red Dragon
NVMe samusung ssd 250gb*
4 REPLIES 4

fragos_1990
Level 7
Αny advices? Which part can cause this issue?

mdzcpa
Level 12
What specific RAM are you running?

mdzcpa wrote:
What specific RAM are you running?

Gskill tridentZ rgb F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

I've got a similar issue with the same kit.

I've got a asus rog strix x570-F gaming motherboard with ryzen 3700X and 16GB ram (F4-3200C16D-GTZR).

Pc works fine at default speed, but whenever I put on the D.O.C.P profile for 3200mzh speed my pc sometimes won't put and the DRMAM LED on the motherboard is shown. usually resolved by restarting the pc twice, but certainly not workable.

This RAM kit is actually on the QVL so should be supported. Already tested RAM and it's working no errors on memtest.