cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B660-I not recognizing NVME drive

Robmoo
Level 8
I've assembled a new PC using the SUS ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi LGA 1700(Intel 12th Gen) Mini-ITX Gaming and a Samsung 980pro 2TD m.2 drive.

In simple mode the bios recognizes the drive as RAID: Samsung SSD 980 Pro2TB

However, I the board doesn't recognize the drive as a NVME device and I can see nowhere in the settings where I can turn off RAID.

The manual has no information about the BIOS settings or anything to indicate why I am having this problem.
5 REPLIES 5

ahfoo
Level 13
Go to your bios and look for Intel storage and change the setting to the following if you are not using RAID.

Enable VMD Controller- Enable
Map PCIE Storage under VMD- Disable
Map SATA Controller under VMD: Disable

I fixed the issue. I turned off the Intel Rapid storage, PCIE under VMD, and enabled the Network Stack. The drive then appeared as a NVME device. I turned the Network stack off and the Intel Rapid Storage back on and everything worked fine.

Frankly, I was grasping at straws. I had Googled the issue multiple times, but none of the solutions would work. I was using the onboard video so enabling the legacy storage was not an option. In this build installing a graphics card even temporarily would have been a major pain.

ahfoo wrote:
Go to your bios and look for Intel storage and change the setting to the following if you are not using RAID.

Enable VMD Controller- Enable
Map PCIE Storage under VMD- Disable
Map SATA Controller under VMD: Disable

Robmoo wrote:
I fixed the issue. I turned off the Intel Rapid storage, PCIE under VMD, and enabled the Network Stack. The drive then appeared as a NVME device. I turned the Network stack off and the Intel Rapid Storage back on and everything worked fine.

Frankly, I was grasping at straws. I had Googled the issue multiple times, but none of the solutions would work. I was using the onboard video so enabling the legacy storage was not an option. In this build installing a graphics card even temporarily would have been a major pain.

Glad to hear that. Enjoyed your system.

Hey, i found this thread via google cause i have an identical problem.

I just bought after years a new Asus B660-i with an 13600kf and G.Skill F5-6000u4040e16GX2-TZ5K.

After i managed to update the bios to support my CPU and my first post into bios i recognized thad my first nvme is not there and also its nowhere into the bios.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96185[/ATTACH

and i also have some problem with the ram, when i active the XMP profile, the board wont post and the yellow RAM led is glowing till i reset CMOS or the board will jump back to config defaults.

after some tries i also bought one of this LGA 1700 Frames and installed it, also no luck at all.

soo i send the board back and going back to MSI? 😉 just kidding!

Any ideas? Thanks for your time

geri84 wrote:
Hey, i found this thread via google cause i have an identical problem.

I just bought after years a new Asus B660-i with an 13600kf and G.Skill F5-6000u4040e16GX2-TZ5K.

After i managed to update the bios to support my CPU and my first post into bios i recognized thad my first nvme is not there and also its nowhere into the bios.

and i also have some problem with the ram, when i active the XMP profile, the board wont post and the yellow RAM led is glowing till i reset CMOS or the board will jump back to config defaults.

after some tries i also bought one of this LGA 1700 Frames and installed it, also no luck at all.

soo i send the board back and going back to MSI? 😉 just kidding!

Any ideas? Thanks for your time

Hi,

The symptom is identical, but the root cause of your issue is different :

1) Update your Intel MEI Drivers to the last :

2) Update your Intel ME Firmware to the last :