cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b660-I 12900KS rtx 3090 - no boot, blank screen.

gamerman2020
Level 7
cpu - 12900ks
gpu - rtx 3090

no boot to bios, blank screen.

I see bios updates for the particular issues my board would read like DRAM and a bios update for the exact CPU I planned on using.

I used corsair 64gb ddr5 5200mhz when originally turning on. RGBs lit but no dice booting to bios.
corsair also seemed to remove this board from any compatibility search on their site. I used other QVL sticks and those didn't work either, except the most basic of the choices that was on the QVL.

I bought on the most entry level CPU the board is approved for, a Celeron and matched it with a stick of 8gb 4800 of ddr5 which will be here soon to hopefully boot into bios to THEN be able to update bios.
5 REPLIES 5

ahfoo
Level 13
Need to know your ram size definition such as 4X16 in quad pair or 2X16 pair X 2?

its the ROG STRIX b660-i gaming wifi board. So, there is only 2 ram slots.

First attempt was with 2 sticks of 32gb a piece, next attempt was with one of those sticks, then switching locations. Then trying the other ram 2x16gb from the approved QVL kingston model and same thing.

DarvinAtkeson
Level 7
Does the Post screen come up?
What if you do a soft boot?

I have a problem with both my Maximus XIII Hero and my Z590-E booting all the way into Windows and I never see anything, not even the post, on the screen. Seems like a BIOS bug. The only reason I have the Z590-E is that I thought the Maximus XIII Hero was toast and would need to be sent in for RMA. Can't be without my system that long and now that I have the Z590-E with the same problem I a not sure what I cam going to do. So I blew dough on two boards now with the same problem. It sucks.

One note, on my two systems it ONLY happens from a cold boot so now I have memorized the keyboard strokes necessary to cause a soft reboot. After that I get the POST screen and can go into BIOS or continue on to Windows. Pretty bad for such expensive hardware.

I have logged the bug waiting to hear back.

- Darvin

A Celeron and basic entry level ddr5 booted the board.
g6900
ddr5 4800mhz 8gb

but the ultimate problem still persists,
I still cant upgrade the board to the new 12900ks CPU or rtx 3090 GPU. but the Celeron and downgraded ram work fine before and after bios update?

my next step will be to switch out the Celeron for the KS and keep the ram that worked in the slot it worked in.

The memory I would like to use is
CMT64GX5M2B5200C40 2x32gb