cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Black Screen/Freezing PC (After Recieving New Card After RMA)

prestonslater
Level 7
Hello all, I have never posted on forms of any kind before and for the past 8 months or so I have had nothing but issues with my new build. Im not going to go into depth about the first issues I had but my GPU ended up being DOA so I sent it back and the sent me a new one, no problem. I installed the new card and it worked for about a month or so and I stared getting black screens, super slow/choppy responsiveness and sometimes would just freeze (epically while using an internet browser.) Recently I started getting multiple black screens at a time and I decided to take a look at my event viewer and saw the iconic "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I decided to take a look in my system 32 drivers and realized the driver was NOT there?? I am beyond confused and I am very desperate to get this fixed. I have run stress tests, Mem86, and other things and have all passed.

My Rig:
Intel Core i7-8700k
32GB G Skill Trident RGB Ram
Asus Maximus X Hero(WiFi-AC) Mobo
Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080
EVGA 850W Super Nova Power supply.

Please help me. This is beyond my comprehension. Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12

Yes, I will test it and get back to you with an update.

Update: An hour with no crashes. The longest ive ever went playing a game without a crash or a black screen

Nate152