After every cold boot ROG Ryujin ignores the configuration set in Armory Crate for its display and shows default animation.
Opening its settings in Armory Crate fixes the problem in some cases, but usually it shows "XML file error - restart" message and restarting fixes the issue.
Sometimes restarting without opening the Armory Crate fixes the issue, but sometimes it does not.
Also it appears that fan settings in Armory Crate supersede those in Fan Expert 4 which is even more annoying, as fans end up incorrectly configured and require some fiddling after every start.
Has anybody figured how to deal with it or is it something that Asus should fix? I guess I should talk to their support...
Thank you for the suggestion!
Nothing has changed after disabling fast boot. Another issue is when the live-dash on ryujin is set to system monitor (after restart), ryujin leds get un-synchronised and I need to open armory crate aura settings to make it synchronised again...
I do think it is armory crate issue rather than something related to boot issues. I will explain how it happens, step by step.
1. All colours (ram, PSU, mobo, ryujin, GPU, fans of H500M) are default rainbows.
2. The windows boots
3. Some short time after it boots, usually after I log in, all leds become the same static colour (I don't use any changing colours as there is another armory crate / aura bug that makes it stuck in some random colour, so a chosen static colour is better 🙂 )
4. Ryujin livedash shows logo (even though it is set to system monitor), if I open armory crate it says XML is corrupt and suggests to restart.
1. All colours (ram, PSU, mobo, ryujin, GPU, fans of H500M) usually remain the same static colour, but sometimes some of them revert to default rainbows.
2. The windows boots
3. Some short time after it boots all leds become the same static colours (or remain static if they didn't change)
4. A very short time later ryujin livedash turns into system monitor and at the same time ryujin leds become default rainbow. It actually looks ok with some static colours of the rest of components (e.g. blue) but it is very annoying with some other colours (e.g. red - which is the theme of the day 🙂 )
5. The only way to get ryujin leds to static colour is to open armory crate, click aura settings, then click aura effects
So every cold start, if I want ryujin to show system monitor and have static leds I have to: turn on, log in, wait, restart, log in, wait, open armory crate, open aura, then aura effects - at this point it becomes how it should have been after the first log in.
I am definitely going to ask ASUS support, but if anybody had similar bugs and managed to configure somehow to avoid them please let me know.
And I did reinstall armory crate, and everything upgraded to the latest versions - it doesn't help.