cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog PSU and water cooling question

Alessio088
Level 9
Hi all guys,
Just got a couple of questions,I hope someone will be able to help me.

So I'm interested in buying the Rog Thor 1200w PSU,
I saw that it has got the aura option.
Now I have already used one Aura port on the MB for the LEDs,
Is there another port I could use?if yes which one it is please?
I have the Maximus XI code MB and the Aura port I used is called ADD_Header 2
Edit: I just remembered I used the ADD_Header 1 too.

The second question is,in a near future I would like to update my cpu water cooler to the Rog RYUO,will it be supported by my MB so will I be able to set the parameters I want to see on the Oled display?
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Darigitin
Level 7
So looking at your mobo there appears to be four RGB headers, two of which are addressable. One addressable is located at the top of the board on the right of the ram slots and the other is located on the bottom left to the right of the front panel IO pins. The Ryuo uses a usb 2.0 connector to control the RGB and the Thor uses a addressable RGB header. So you should be able to connect both on your board and the lower header would probably be the best bet.

I would ask though what you are running that you want to go all the way to a 1200w psu. Asus also sells a 750 and 850 watt Thor, with the 750 not having RGB.

Darigitin wrote:
So looking at your mobo there appears to be four RGB headers, two of which are addressable. One addressable is located at the top of the board on the right of the ram slots and the other is located on the bottom left to the right of the front panel IO pins. The Ryuo uses a usb 2.0 connector to control the RGB and the Thor uses a addressable RGB header. So you should be able to connect both on your board and the lower header would probably be the best bet.

I would ask though what you are running that you want to go all the way to a 1200w psu. Asus also sells a 750 and 850 watt Thor, with the 750 not having RGB.

Thanks for the reply.
I have already used both of the addressable headers on the MB for the Asus Led stripes.
I'm guessing I will have to buy like an adaptor where to link the led stripes and the Thor PSU.

At the moment I'm only using an Rtx 2080 super but probably will update the pc in future and since I need to buy a new PSU now because my previous Corsair died on me after 8 months I want to make an investment for the future as well.