cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage V Extreme successor (LGA-2011-v3)

GoatHumper
Level 7
Hi, all!

I'm wondering, with Intel about to release a new slew of processors for the LGA-2011-v3 socket (Broadwell-E and the 6950X/6900K are expected to hit next week), who the successor is to the Rampage V Extreme motherboard. I've owned an R2E, R4E and am likely about to own an R5E....unless, of course, an R6E is in the works and I'm better off waiting a few days for the announcement. Perhaps the successor is already out (ASUS Signature X99? STRIX X99 Gaming? X99 Deluxe 2?).

Since I'm going to spend a sizeable amount of cash on the build, I'd dearly like to not buy "aged" components. However, I'm open to it as long as they're high quality. That being said, the R5E seems to be realtively hard to come by these days - even in Amazon and EBay the offerings for new units are relatively limited.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Secondarily, will the R5E support the new CPUs?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

drop4205
Level 12
They are releasing a rampage v extreme edition 10 soon. You can check it out in the x99 forum
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Chino
Level 15
GoatHumper wrote:
Hi, all!

I'm wondering, with Intel about to release a new slew of processors for the LGA-2011-v3 socket (Broadwell-E and the 6950X/6900K are expected to hit next week), who the successor is to the Rampage V Extreme motherboard.

Rampage V Extreme Edition 10

GoatHumper wrote:

Secondarily, will the R5E support the new CPUs?

Yes. It already does. 🙂