cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG348Q and new Radeon 6000 series

NastyPirate
Level 9
Hello guys,

I have the Asus PG348Q 34" Ultrawide monitor and was wondering... will it be compatible with the new Radeon RX 6000 series of GPUs in terms of GSYNC technology? I really have no experience with this as I was always an nVidia person but these new GPUs look really sweet.

If this thread already exists, please for your understanding; I'm not very familiar with forums' rules...

Thank you,
George
4 REPLIES 4

Stylee
Level 7
Hi NastyPirate,

G-SYNC is an Nvidia technology so you wont get the benefit of it with an AMD card, AMD cards take advantage of FreeSync.

Hope this helps
Stylee
I9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz - ASUS Maximus XII Hero - Corsair Vengeance PRO @ 3200 4x16gb
ASUS TUF 3090 OC - FD Define R6 -Custom Loop - A cat called Nacho 🙂

Your monitor will be compatible with a new 6000 series. Free sync and gsync are basically to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. This is where your GPU is sending to many FPS to your monitor. You can adjust your refresh rate with your Asus monitor and same with your 6000 series gpu so your system will be fine and they will work great together. If you ever do have stuttering or tearing you can adjust it manually (highly unlikely) and the new raedon software will save your preferences for each of your games

aceridgey
Level 7
The PG348Q is an older version of Gsync, so you will not get the benefits with an AMD card I believe.

aceridgey wrote:
The PG348Q is an older version of Gsync, so you will not get the benefits with an AMD card I believe.

WOW took me almost a year to reply.

Yes that's what I was afraid of, nVidia unlocked the gsync technology on the latest Gsync but not with the one my monitor has. Oh well. I'll be nVidia locked :):cool: