cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS PG27UQ Questions

darrell_sheets
Level 7
Hey All

I need some assistance. I am keen on purchasing the ASUS PG27UQ 4k/144Hz monitor but have some concerns regarding the 'tripod' pronged stand that comes with the monitor. Basically my computer desk has a curved back which means there is a gap at the back and the rear foot of the monitor will not be sitting on anything. This is not good! I have always relied on standard flat based solid stands that come with more traditional ASUS monitors such as the PG279Q and the PB287Q (both which I currently own).

1. Are there any regular flat based monitor stands such as the one which comes with the PG279Q or the PB287Q that can be attached to the PG27UQ?

2. Rather that gamble on buying the whole PG27UQ, does anyone know if I can obtain the tripod stand from ASUS as a spare part to test to see if could accommodate my curved backed desk without the monitor tipping backwards?

3. For anyone who currently owns the PG27UQ, is someone willing and able to provide photos with dimensions of the tripod pronged stand? I'm keen to understand what the full depth of the stand is from the front-most two prongs to the back of the rear prong.

Thanks in advance,
Adz
1 REPLY 1

1mluer
Level 11
darrell_sheets wrote:
Hey All

I need some assistance. I am keen on purchasing the ASUS PG27UQ 4k/144Hz monitor but have some concerns regarding the 'tripod' pronged stand that comes with the monitor. Basically my computer desk has a curved back which means there is a gap at the back and the rear foot of the monitor will not be sitting on anything. This is not good! I have always relied on standard flat based solid stands that come with more traditional ASUS monitors such as the PG279Q and the PB287Q (both which I currently own).

1. Are there any regular flat based monitor stands such as the one which comes with the PG279Q or the PB287Q that can be attached to the PG27UQ?

2. Rather that gamble on buying the whole PG27UQ, does anyone know if I can obtain the tripod stand from ASUS as a spare part to test to see if could accommodate my curved backed desk without the monitor tipping backwards?

3. For anyone who currently owns the PG27UQ, is someone willing and able to provide photos with dimensions of the tripod pronged stand? I'm keen to understand what the full depth of the stand is from the front-most two prongs to the back of the rear prong.

Thanks in advance,
Adz

I have found that you have control over where the legs of the tripod stand goes. I think you could turn the stand so it orientates itself along the curve. It would be sturdy and safe unless you punch your monitor haha 🙂 It's not a fixed placement and the monitor swivels on the stand too. I don't know of any additional stand configurations available. I have the 34 inch version of the monitor so not sure on measurements. PG348Q.

I would think the worst case is that one of the legs will be pointing towards you under the monitor and stick out a bit. but it shouldn't be in the way unless your keyboard is like 3 inches from the monitor. The monitors do adjust up and down / side to side very well. Best I can do for ya..
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!