cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Geforce GTX 980Ti Matrix question

Jrod0247
Level 7
Will my 850W Power Supply be enough to power 2 of these? I'm trying to figure out if I will need to buy a higher wattage power supply. Also, has anyone tried 2 in SLI in the Maximus VI Formula to see how well they fit between the two cards? My computer specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7 4770k overclocked to 4.2
16 Gigs of Ram
Asus Formula VI Maximus
8 cooling fans
850W SeaSonic Power Supply
12 REPLIES 12

Vlada011
Level 10
My advice is same, 1KW... Price difference is to small and weaker PSU will work with 100%, better 1KW.
Can I recommend... Seasonic 1050 XP3. Perfect for two Matrix. Until Flextronics launch 1000W...
Not only because good tradition and nice quality, PSU case is black and fit with any build, now some weird details.
You can choose full black side or side with PSU specifications. Their new Titanium series have disgusting look.

This Matrix is beautifull card... If ASUS launch Rampage V Black with similar colors as Maximus VIII Extreme and Matrix I will kill myself because I didn't wait...:) I joke I would never wait so much... I have X99 10 months...BUT THEY SHOULD LAUNCH EARLIER! Black with this shine color on side, same as fonts on Maximus VIII Extreme.

I have a Rampage 5, 5930k running at 4.5ghz with two 980ti Strix's in SLI with a slight overclock on them. I'm running the EVGA 1000w supernova 80+ platinum, and still have plenty of juice to spare. IMO a 1000w PSU is as big as anyone that is going to be gaming/editing. Anything bigger is for someone running 3way and 4way setups and trying to break records.

Vlada011
Level 10
And I have P2 PSU... Third power supply on the world with Total score 10 on Johnny Guru site.
Only mine is 1200 version... But 1000 and 1200 are same. Only is advantage of 1200W version full black cables and connectors.
On 1000 P2 VGA cables are red. That could be advantage if someone build red/black configuration.
This is best power supply I ever had... Good thing with stronger PSU than need is because he work always in fanless mode.
People pay 150$ for 500W fanless PSU...:) without fan. And if you need 700W and you install 1000-1200W with Eco switch or some other type
Hybrid Mode or I don't know... than your PSU is fanless as well. Only have protection if temperature increase to the some point fan will start to work no matter on mode.
And Sleeve Cables Package for P2 models is fantastic. For me that's best fabric sleeve on market,
I have standard black color. Black is always good, but I see people choose white very often with P2.