cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VY can't update BIOS !

Natrare25
Level 7
Hello everyone,

i'm having an TWO issues with my G752VY one is updating my bios on my G752VY and one is with a Samsung 970evo+,
first i never updated before and now i need it, because i just bought an samsung 970evo+ and i need a more recent bios to activate some stuff (AHCI mode?)to make my ssd run normally.

Problem i'm either using an USB stick with the last bios (v307) or if i'm using winflash app, when it reboot i can't start because my battery level is on 0%, i tried to press anykey but nothing (like on the screenshot). since a long time it wont even charge anymore i guess battery is completly dead ... but then i'm now STUCK, i can't update my bios... Anybody has an idea ? Any line to write in CMD maybe to overpass the security ?? Buying a new battery will cost me 80€ and opening the whole computer.... I really don't want to do this just for my bios.. The battery never kept his charge since the beginning because yeah Gamer laptop so buying a new one is just useless for me..

I'm trying to update bios because with my 970evo+ i'm having this kind of issue in the magician software :

if i try to install the samsung driver nvme 3.3 it says there is not samsung ssd attached to port blabla.
Because my speeds are low for an 970evo+..

so how can i fix that so maybe i won't need to update the bios ??? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
BIOS update utility can be found on the support page. I never got mine to work from within the BIOS. The utility launches from windows then reboots and does the flash. If it still doesnt work you may need a new battery. They arent that expensive, just make sure you get an OEM and there are plenty of tear down vids on yourtube. I jsust replaced mine not a month ago because it dropped to 60% capacity. Took me all of 15 mins but Ive been into it many time. Hardest part is getting the top with the keyboard loose, always use plastic and start in the back corner. I just use old hotel room key cards.

BigJohnny wrote:
BIOS update utility can be found on the support page. I never got mine to work from within the BIOS. The utility launches from windows then reboots and does the flash. If it still doesnt work you may need a new battery. They arent that expensive, just make sure you get an OEM and there are plenty of tear down vids on yourtube. I jsust replaced mine not a month ago because it dropped to 60% capacity. Took me all of 15 mins but Ive been into it many time. Hardest part is getting the top with the keyboard loose, always use plastic and start in the back corner. I just use old hotel room key cards.

Hello and thanks for your reply, i already tried with the utility, but what you see on the blue screen, it's exactly what i have with the utility... Doesn't matter which way i try, it's stuck by this 0% level thing.
Well like i said also, the cheapest one i found is 80e which is too much for me, i spent to much money to keep this laptop alive, i just changed the HDD and SSD with two SSD (sata and nvmepcie), now i can't reach my normal speed because i need to do some update for the nvme disk and run in AHCI mode, but i can't because my bios is not updated.
And i also opened it many times, but it's really a pain in the a**..
I just want to know if there is a way to bypass this security warning..

Natrare25 wrote:
Hello and thanks for your reply, i already tried with the utility, but what you see on the blue screen, it's exactly what i have with the utility... Doesn't matter which way i try, it's stuck by this 0% level thing.
Well like i said also, the cheapest one i found is 80e which is too much for me, i spent to much money to keep this laptop alive, i just changed the HDD and SSD with two SSD (sata and nvmepcie), now i can't reach my normal speed because i need to do some update for the nvme disk and run in AHCI mode, but i can't because my bios is not updated.
And i also opened it many times, but it's really a pain in the a**..
I just want to know if there is a way to bypass this security warning..

Hi. I had the same problem, and after some research found this tip: try to update normally the Bios, after reaching the battery warning type "risky" (whithout the quotes) and then some warning appears asking you to confirm, press yes and it will update.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Never had an issue with the utility launched in windows. It even lets you roll back if you run it from a command prompt and navigate to the EXE file then space and /nodate I did that quite a few times in the beginning as the initial BIOS were crap. Then they finally ironed it out and there hasnt been an update since. That was 307 that was release in june 2019.

Hows your battery? That may be whats holding you back. I just replaced mine and it was like $60 USD for the OEM. There are after market ones but they dont have the same amp hour rating. Fall quite a bit short like 60aH instead of 90. Mine wasnt dead yet but after a few years it was down to 60% capacity so I replaced it.