cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASOS ROG Hero XI IO RGB not working

HisEvilness
Level 7
Hello,

Just finished a build and I noticed the rgb zone on top of the rear IO is not lighting up.
The cover for the mobo chip does light up but is behind my GPU.
Is there some there anything i could do or do i need to request an RMA?
8 REPLIES 8

Menthol
Level 14
Have you installed ASUS lighting app? does it show that zone? I don't know where the lights behind that cover are plugged into the motherboard but it is possible it is loose or un plugged, you are going to have to do a little research and trouble shooting

Aye, i have Aura sync installed and Back IO-1 and Back AI-2 show up in Aura sync ofc the latest update.
PCH-1, PCH-2 and PCH-3 are the chipset cover
So I gotta take the cover off and check if the RGB connector is plugged in?

Menthol
Level 14
Look in the manual, if the connection is under the cover yes you have a task at hand, if the wires come out from under the cover and the connection is visible you may not have to, you would have to look in the manual

HisEvilness
Level 7
You were correct there is an RGB connector behind the shield that was not or connected or even poorly, after reseating the plugs on both sides the RGB works.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
HisEvilness wrote:
Hello,

Just finished a build and I noticed the rgb zone on top of the rear IO is not lighting up.
The cover for the mobo chip does light up but is behind my GPU.
Is there some there anything i could do or do i need to request an RMA?

UFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF that look sick. Are u using the 8700k ??? pm me for more info
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
UFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF that look sick. Are u using the 8700k ??? pm me for more info

8086k 5.1ghz none AVX, 5.0 AVX @ 1.3vcore -1AVX, Corsair 150i Pro AIO, ASUS Maximus Hero XI Z390 mobo.
I need to do a delid though, get's hot with standard bird **** as paste.

@ BillBittel@Me.com Yes RGB software is somewhat of a problem i cannot get the RAM sticks to sync even when i set the correct settings in the BIOS.
And it would be nice if the various RGB providers can come together somehow and enable cross-platform compatibility they do release an SDK so it is not like they hold copyright other then on the brand name.

Menthol
Level 14
Glad to hear is was an easy fix
It's to bad Corsair's AIO RGB lights cannot be controlled by ASUS software but I have zero issues with Corsairs software

BillBittel
Level 12
The author of SIV (which can also control Corsair LINK enabled products) would like to add Aura device control to SIV. He (and others) have posted in the Aura SDK thread asking for a 64-bit version of the SDK. Unfortunately, that thread seems to be dead with no response from Asus Aura SDK developers. I don't get why Asus pours tons of money into marketing Aura, and wants to expand the "Aura Universe", and encourages 3rd party incorporation of Aura compliant hardware into other products, and establishes a forum for Aura SDK developers, and then ignores it. Why Asus? Just Why?

Corsair LINK has been plagued by bugs for years. Now it’s EOL, replaced by iCue, so its doubtful Corsair will ever update LINK. I have not messed with iCue too much, and I gave up on LINK (with its high CPU usage and memory leaks) a long time ago, and just use SIV to control all of my LINK devices. It’s much more stable and uses very little CPU. The only thing SIV cannot do is the software based control of LL Series LED fans. When Corsair released them, they also abandoned use of the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex lock to interlock access to LINK devices. Since they did that, LINK (and iCue) can no longer run concurrently with SIV, or HWINFO64, or AIDA, or any other program that attempts to communicate with LINK devices. A poor decision on Corsair's part.

So now I use SIV to control LINK devices but am stuck with AURA to control AURA devices. My dream is that Asus will get off their duffs and release a decent 64-bit version of the AURA SDK. The SIV author will add control of AURA devices to SIV. Then I would not have to run LINK, or iCue, or AURA, and just let SIV do it all. Now THAT would be nice!;)