Did you mean: 

Are all modern gaming builds noisy?

Zodler
Level 7
I have a new pc build that includes
1- ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3070 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 V2
2- Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB case
3- Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler

So it has 3 case fans, 3 cooler fans, 2 GPU fans. During gaming the fans turn so fast that you can clearly hear it. It's so loud.

I had a previous PC for 5 years with Asus STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 and the PC was dead silent.
You couldn't hear it even during playing.

Are all the new modern graphic cards this noisy or I can do something about it?
Look at these numbers and tell me if they are normal. Playing Call of Duty at resolution 75% of 4K.

10 REPLIES 10

Zodler
Level 7
Who knew by changing the fan positions it would have that much effect. Initially I did not put the fans just like that without thinking. Did a lot of research.

At first I put my cpu liquid cooler fans on the front, behind the radiator and pushing though it the hot air and out.
The other 3 fans were for pulling cool air from outside to inside. 2 on top. 1 on back, on top of mother board.
So 3 push, 3 pull. Sounded very reasonable but it wasn't.

Then I put the 3 AIO cpu coolers on top pushing out. The back fan also pushing out. 2 on the side pushing cool air in.
4 out - 2 in. I guess of course because hot air goes up (graphic card heat) I didn't help it to get out by pushing in on top. Better to push it out on top.

So my advice would be to always put your AIO cooler on top. I had seen videos where people put it on the front or on the side. I thought to put them on the front because I put hard drives on the top of PC and didn't want them to get heat. Mistake.