cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amibios detected only 4-pin connector connected for the CPU issues

papagori
Level 7
Hi,
I recently purchased a ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II motherboard, I used my rig without any problems during 3 weeks
but suddenly the amibios start to say "the system has only detected a single 4-pin connector connected for the cpu".
I can boot but no internet, no sata access, access to my nvme main windows 11 partition only.
I checked the cables, changed the cables but always the same message, I need my computer for working so I reinstall the
ancient motherboard and have no problems.

my config :
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II motherboard
x5900 amd cpu
corsair vengeance LPX 32Gb x 4 sticks
msi RTX 2070 super
corsair HX1000 PSU (I also check with another PSU and same problem occurred)
windows 11 pro 64bit

the latest BIOS installed,
I updated to the more recent AMD chipset drivers before the problem occurred
I tried to reset CMOS, I change CMOS battery too, same problem...

please help me :eek:
8 REPLIES 8

RedSector73
Level 12
Connect both E-ATX as recommended

Set DOCP profile for your RAM

Procedure for install of windows on a new NVMe drive.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode,

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.
5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it.
6 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to Windows UEFI mode.
10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Hope you find this helpful.

RedSector73 wrote:
Connect both E-ATX as recommended

Set DOCP profile for your RAM

Procedure for install of windows on a new NVMe drive.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode,

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.
5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it.
6 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to Windows UEFI mode.
10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Hope you find this helpful.

thank you for your quick response and help, I will try this.
do you know why this problem occurred ?

RedSector73
Level 12
At a guess, you may have corrupted the installation of windows. You have near to top-of-line CPU and bottleneck for power being supplied to the motherboard.

ahfoo
Level 13
It may be more than that, re set in your 8 pins connector and make sure the connector on both end of PSU and CPU are sit correctly and the rail not the issue.

hi,
I tested with another PSU and I obtained the same error message,
followed @RedSector73 procedures and reinstalled windows on a new nvme, stuck during installation because
ethernet and wifi are out of service, I bypassed with OOBE\BYPASSNRO command
finally reinstalled, installed asus drivers with CD-rom but nothing changed at all.
No SATA, no wifi, no ethernet, cannot use some of the motherboard USB ports too.
for me it's sound like a faulty material issues but I'm not a pro. 😞

ahfoo wrote:
It may be more than that, re set in your 8 pins connector and make sure the connector on both end of PSU and CPU are sit correctly and the rail not the issue.

Hi, thank you for the reply, I check the cables, tried with other cables and another PSU
same problem. Windows fresh install on a new NVME disk changed nothing too.
I also tried other memory sticks, nothing changed. 😞

I have the same motherboard and the very same issue. Tried everything, nothing helped. I found only a temporary fix - if I unplugged the main electric power cable and wait for few minutes, then plug it again it stops with this error message, but onl for few days. 
I believe it’s faulty motherboard or BIOS. 🤷🏻‍♂️

marcowalsh
Level 7

Thanks