cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080ti strix

dud54759
Level 7
Picked one up today from Micro Center. Drove 4 hours to get it. Plugged it in ran fine for about hour. Pc reset and will never go back into windows unless in safe mode. As soon as drivers install locks up and just repeats cycle. Had to reinstall a 1080 strix to type this out. Is this the dreaded dead card. I have done all the normal stuff ddu new drivers clean install etc etc etc. Bit bummed sitting on a 1400 dollar card and cant exactly drive right back over to micro center.
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
dud54759 wrote:
Picked one up today from Micro Center. Drove 4 hours to get it. Plugged it in ran fine for about hour. Pc reset and will never go back into windows unless in safe mode. As soon as drivers install locks up and just repeats cycle. Had to reinstall a 1080 strix to type this out. Is this the dreaded dead card. I have done all the normal stuff ddu new drivers clean install etc etc etc. Bit bummed sitting on a 1400 dollar card and cant exactly drive right back over to micro center.

Sorry to hear that. Do the basics if not already done so. Reseat the card and make sure power is connected correctly. Do you have another system to try it on?

If not, take it back/send to Micro Center and ask them to test it.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

dud54759
Level 7
I have done all of the usual things. Put it into three other rigs at my house. All running 1000w corsair gold psu as well. Microcenter is 4 hours away this stinks. Does Asus have these in stock to rma? Can I get a advanced RMA?

dud54759
Level 7
Bios is 90.02.17.00.47

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
In this instance, you should return to the reseller. Contact them and send via a tracked service if it's more convenient.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

dud54759
Level 7
I did and i went with the EVGA FTW card and it pains me as I always used strix. Until now. It sucks actually.