cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen lag (Desktop&Game) after change the resolution via Armory Crate shortcut

XKazuya12
Level 7

Hi i got this issue after updating the AMD new driver from MyAsus, so when i play some games and change the resolution scale directly from the game, the screen is so laggy but the fps from real time monitor says it 60fps, and i tried to quit the game and my desktop is very very laggy too so i should restart my ROG Ally to fix the problem

Can someone help me whats happen & what should i do to fix it pls? 

Device : ROG Ally Z1E

BIOS : 336

10 REPLIES 10

Ben10Rex777
Level 8

Same 😔😔😔

Ben10Rex777
Level 8

25c1110219b4de6d542f373d2d06cdb0.jpeg

 (SORRY TRANSLATE THIS)

SI TENÉIS LAG AHORA MISMO EN LA ROG ALLY ESTANDO EN EL ESCRITORIO SIN HACER NADA SEGUIR LOS PASOS

ir a administrador de dispositivos 

Luego adaptadores de pantalla

Hacéis doble click en amd raedon graphics

Vais a controlador

Y le dais a revertir al controlador anterior 

(El nuevo está dando fallos en algunas ally, esto hacerlo solo a los que os vaya muy mal ahora mismo)

yeshivish
Level 9

I have this problem to but without Change anything just play the game and the device start to lag so much even after I quit the game...

I try to revert to the old drivers but still no result...

and on top of this I tried to reinstall windows from the setting and now my Taskbar is small...

I already discovered the problem, you have to uninstall (or disable) amd software, the new update causes problems

thank you!!! you saved my day!!!

I've uninstalled the latest one, and installed this older driver version https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/IOTHMD/Image/Driver/Graphics/37016/AMD_Graphic_DriverOnly_ROG_AMD... 

But it still doesn't work. Which version worked for you ? 

MrThomas
Level 8

Exactly same here. Very annoyed. And I don't know how to fix it

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @XKazuya12 @Ben10Rex777 @yeshivish @MrThomas ,

Please ensure that your BIOS has been updated to the latest version 337, and test whether the issue improves using the AMD display driver version V31.0.22023.8001, which has been verified by ASUS.

If you experience delays while gaming, please record a video of the lag and provide the following information via private message to further investigate your issue. Thank you.

• Serial Number:
  • Windows Build Version: (Settings - System - About)
  • Game experiencing delays:
  • Are there any external monitors or other devices connected:
  • Is the device connected to power:
  • Armoury Crate SE settings:
  • Armoury Crate SE > Content Tab > System > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):

Please try disabling "Game Overlay" in AMD software > Settings > Preferences and reboot to see if there is any improvement. Thank you for your cooperation.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting and paying attention to this issue. After internal verification, regarding this matter, please refer to the explanation in the following link for removing the OpenCL™, OpenGL®, and Vulkan® Compatibility Pack and test to see if there is any improvement. If the issue persists, please feel free to let us know . Thank you.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1053098/