cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Ally not turning on reliably or charging reliably

ApolloX34
Level 7

This just started happening recently where if my ally is not charging, but I know that it is fully charged it will not turn. Also even when I do plug it into the official charger or any third party one it does not recognize it being charged. In order to get it to turn it on I have to repeatedly plug and unplug the charger for it to recognize the charger through the LEDs and then I can turn it on. However when it is on anytime I unplug the charger the the ally turns off after a couple seconds. Then I have to repeat the plug and unplug process. I thought maybe doing a fresh reset would do the trick but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ApolloX34 ,

Please try to remove all external devices and power sources while the device is in shutdown state. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to perform an EC reset. Then, reconnect the power source and boot up the device to see if there is any improvement.
If the issue persists, based on your description, we recommend that you take both ALLY and the charger to your local service center for further hardware diagnostics. This information is provided for your reference. Thank you.