cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog ally Display recognised in device manager but won't display

lordmada
Level 8

My rog ally sits in a dock with a monitor, power, ethernet, keyboard, mouse and external drive and has worked fine like that for months using it as my daily pc. 

Today however I can't get it to display out to my monitor it recognises it in device manager but nowhere else.

Tried updating everything on armory crate bios etc and tires installing every amd made driver or graphic software that i didn't already have but I'm having no luck

Tried the disable and enable thing I saw on reddit on the monitor and the display adaptor but nothing worked

Also plugged the dock with all its connections into my spare chrome book and it works perfectly 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lordmada
Level 8

switching between graphics presets turned on amd's screen cloning somehow despite me not being able to turn it on myself which woke Windows up to there being a display.
turning cloning off again removed it from the Windows display settings but I was able to change the display settings while the graphic presets were in the process of changing and that somehow allowed me to put all the settings back to normal so it's somehow resolved

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lordmada
Level 8

switching between graphics presets turned on amd's screen cloning somehow despite me not being able to turn it on myself which woke Windows up to there being a display.
turning cloning off again removed it from the Windows display settings but I was able to change the display settings while the graphic presets were in the process of changing and that somehow allowed me to put all the settings back to normal so it's somehow resolved

I was too quick to close this my little trick to fix it yesterday does not now work that it's happened again today why it's happened today when it didn't happen on restarting the device several times yesterday I don't know

although uninstalling drivers in device manager and then refreshing device manager does seem to fix it and weirdly doesn't roll back my drivers to a default when doing that so I guess I just do that each day till a new driver comes out

Hi there, have you managed to find a solution to this? Do you just uninstall the AMD graphics drivers in device manager?  I seem to be facing the exact same issue as you.

phpchap
Level 7

hi there, i am also facing this same issue -

i bought a brand new JSAUX dock (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CFQMSMKK/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_2?th=1) and the official ROG plug in dock (https://business.currys.co.uk/catalogue/tv-entertainment/gaming/gaming-accessories/asus-rog-65-w-cha...)

neither of these docks output a signal to my monitor or 4K LG OLED TV.

i have done :

- a cloud restore of the OS

- all the updates in armory crate

- updated the AMD displays drivers (31.0.24027.1012 , Date: 13/03/2024) 

- updated the BIOS is running the latest 338

i also have a usbc to hdmi cable that i use for my macbook to monitor, i plugging this in to my ROG ally to monitor as its also not working.

so frustrating that i cant use the device with an external monitor, please help!!