cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG ALLY crashing

disturbed
Level 7

i have installed few games (CALL OF DUTY MW3) and (FORZA HORIZON) 

when i play COD MW3 it keeps crashing and shaders are not uploading, when i lower the settings, the resolution is bad and keep getting POCKET BURST and kicks me out of the game, knowing that my internet speed is not less than 500mb and ping 6 ....

i dont know what are the best settings !! knowing that i have even updated the AMD software to the latest and still had problems ....

11 REPLIES 11

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @disturbed ,

I would like to confirm whether you have updated the BIOS to the latest version 335. Could you please help confirm if the AMD graphics card driver is the ASUS-certified version V31.0.22017.3004? Below, I provide you with optimization settings information. Please try testing to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.

For CALL OF DUTY MW3, please try adjusting the Vram to 6GB and refer to this link for optimal settings: https://rogallylife.com/2023/10/15/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-rog-ally/

For FORZA HORIZON, please refer to this link for optimal settings: https://rogallylife.com/2023/06/22/forza-horizon-5-rog-ally-game-settings/

I have the same issue with MW3 game and system are updated to the latest version in my asus and armory crate

According to my Asus latest version of BIOS is 334

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Ivand77 ,
Please try updating the BIOS to the latest version 335, and ensure that the AMD graphics card driver is the certified ASUS version V31.0.22017.3004. Also, attempt to adjust the VRAM to 6GB. For optimal settings, please refer to the following link: https://rogallylife.com/2023/10/15/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-rog-ally/

The provided information is for your reference. Thank you.

i did all that and it appears it's fine, but i am too scared to try it out (playing online) and get POCKET BURST and lose everything in COD MW3 ZOMBIES 🤣🙏🏻 but will give it a try today 👍🏻 thanks 

I already have installed all the latest versions and still have the same problem it's the only game that does that.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Ivand77 ,

I would like to confirm with you if there is any error information when MW3 crashes. Could you please record a video and provide the following information for further investigation? Thank you.

BIOS Version:
Display Driver Version:
Windows Build Version: (Settings - System - About)
Armoury Crate SE > Content Tab > System > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):

Bios 335

Packet burst or packet loss warnings and then crashes I have lost so many items in zombie mode because of this problem.

Settings 12_27_2023 5_43_15 AM.jpg

Settings 12_27_2023 5_59_36 AM.jpg

ARMOURY CRATE SE 12_27_2023 5_42_26 AM.png

20231222_190559.jpg

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Ivand77 ,

I would like to confirm with you whether your AMD graphics card driver version is V31.0.22017.3004. Regarding the last screenshot you provided, the "Driver Update Notification," could you please confirm if this notification appears before entering the game? Also, does the game launch normally after clicking "Ignore"?

Additionally, have you followed the instructions in this link to increase VRAM to 6GB and adjust the optimal settings for the game? Thank you.