cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Ally connects to monitor directly but not through dock

sixarata
Level 7

I have ROG Ally that has been updated to the latest bios (337) and Armoury Crate SE version( 1.4.11.0) and AMD Radeon Graphics Drivers (31.0.22023.8001).    I currently have a Sony Inzone M9 i'm using as a monitor.  I have able to direclty connect my ROG ally to the monitor directly through the USB-C port on the monitor itself.  However when i try to connect my ROG Ally through the USB-C dock also attached to the Sony Inzone M9, i'm unable to connect to the monitor.

I know the connections and cables through the dock are working because I am able to connect my laptop using the same connection and cable.

I'm not really sure what else to try now.  any advice would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @sixarata ,

If the display works when connected directly via USB-C to USB-C, could you please share the KVM settings when using the Sony Inzone M9 USB HUB? 

This would help us further understand the relevant usage scenario. Thank you.

sixarata
Level 7

i have a anker power expand 12 in 1 USC-B media dock plugged into my sony monitor.

laptop -> AnkerDock (USBC) -> HDMI-> Sony.  (this works)

ROG Ally -> AnkerDock (USBC, 100W charger plugged in) -> HDMI-> Sony monitor (no response, ROG ally does not recognize monitor, only power delivery)

ROG Ally -> USB-C interface on Sony monitor-> (able to project onto monitor, but no passthrough charging, probably due to 45 W power delivery)

I've also tried using going through my GPD G1 EGPU through USB, but no success

ROG Ally ->GPD G1 EGPU (USB-C) -> HDMI -> Sony monitor. (no success)

let me know if you need other things.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @sixarata ,

I'd like to confirm with you whether the monitor is connected to a charger when Ally is connected through the dock. Please try connecting the monitor charger and test it out.

Also, could you please share with us the brand and model of your laptop for further verification? Thank you.