cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product registration failed: product is already registered

BetterMade
Level 8

I just purchased a ROG Ally (Open Box), and I am unable to register it under my account. Please help. Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23

Hi Anbby! I have the same problem, bought it open box (Excellent condition) at best buy but found out that the ROG Ally has been already registered. I have proof of purchase.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

hi @MaximumHyena ,

Due to the need for your personal information.
I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you

BetterMade
Level 8

After messaging support and sending them the requested proof of purchase, they did something on their end to allow me to register it under my account. I hope that helps. 

Pafab
Level 7

Hello 

Thanks for sharing your experience. same issue for me. Product apparently already registered… I wrote to the customer service yesterday and I will probably have to send my proof of purchase. 

FiremanPook
Level 7

I have the same issue. I bought it open box from Best Buy. Any help would be appreciated!

Tmjpwns
Level 7

Same issue(open box) though support had me contact the vendor for them to contact Asus instead of just asking for proof of purchase which I have. Still haven't heard anything, and that was 2 weeks ago. 

G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

In order to ensure your response is not overlooked, if you encounter similar issues, we recommend creating a new discussion and providing detailed information about whether you have purchased a new product, an opened box item, or a second-hand product. We will assist you in further confirming the information you need. Thank you.

Hello, i have the same error what i need to do?

Deven11
Level 7

Hi ,

I brought brand new Asus Rog ally but while registering for warranty it said Product already registered.

Please help.

crc18
Level 7

I bought a open box version, and same problem, says it has been registered before...