cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not charging while playing Games

kcitee
Level 7

I have had my ROG Ally since July 23 with no issues. Now I'm having an issue with it after playing for 1 or 2 hours. My ROG Ally stops detecting the original charger 65W. The only way that it begins to charge again is if I turn off the device. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice on how to solve this?

8 REPLIES 8

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @kcitee ,

May I ask what color the power indicator light shows when you notice it has stopped charging?
Please try removing all external devices and power, then press and hold the power button for 40 seconds to perform an EC reset while the device is powered off. After that, test to see if the issue improves. Thank you.

1) There is no Power light at all

2) I have tried pressing the Power Button for 40 seconds to perform an EC reset with no benefit. All it did was start making some weird noises. Once started gaming the Power light turned off.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @kcitee ,

Thank you for your reply. Based on your description, we recommend that you bring the product to your local service center for further diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

blahRus
Level 8

Yes! My son's Ally started doing this ~1-2 months ago. I would love to hear a fix! Is this an RMA-worthy issue? I'm not sure I want to drive 2 hours, wait for someone at Micro Center to tell me "RMA it".

I spoke with one of their product support guys and after going through some more trouble shooting I have been instructed to RMA it. Chances are you may have to do the same.

blahRus
Level 8

Any chance you could DM me their contact information 🙂 

Thanks!

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @blahRus ,

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#*

🙂

kcitee
Level 7