cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rog ally don't update the firmware update tool

yeshivish
Level 9

I Just bought it and spend full day to update all the thing but there is a stubborn update called firmware update tool that won't update! every time it says restart and then continue the update but every time after restart it says update failed! i tried the procces 4 times and stiil nothing!!! what should i do?  

the driver is firmware update tool version number 3.8.0.001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @yeshivish ,
Based on your description, we recommend that you send your ALLY to a local authorized repair center for further inspection. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

cwinfield
Level 8

It took several attempts but it has to be plugged in and you have to follow the reboot prompts in the app and only update that nothing else like Windows or other updates running

FOR THE 6TH TIME, IT DON'T UPDATE AGAIN... I tried exactly as you said but the update failed...

yeshivish
Level 9

O.K. I will try once more with your advice!!!!👍

yeshivish
Level 9

after a week of trying still can't update!!!!

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @yeshivish ,
Based on your description, we recommend that you send your ALLY to a local authorized repair center for further inspection. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

i just recover my rog ally through asus recovery and finally is updating!! turns out the firmeware update tool was missing!!! 

Hey you got a ****** solution that doesn't involve sending my brand new out of the box 700 dollar piece of junk to get serviced? Because after spending all day downloading games just to find out asus skipped out of software and not being able to use the brand new product is a little frustrating.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Deathsprice ,

I'd like to confirm which firmware version you are currently having trouble updating. 

Could you please describe the situation you are facing? This will help us assist you further. Thank you.

I find out that apperantly the issue caused by some protection program to the network that block the firmware update tool for unknown reason, But even after the removal of the program it doesn't update anymore and the firmware update tool is not launching and I need to reset the windows.... I checked it servel time and it appears that the issue is with all the version...