cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update bios from 314 to 336

Totto72
Level 7

Hello!

I just got a new Rog Ally and the first thing I did was update everything that needs updating, Armoury Crate, MyAsus and all the windows updates.

However, after everything had finished i noticed that one thing remained: the newest firmware 336. However it only said 336 in MyAsus but 335 in AC. Trying to install it from either program, after i press restart now, it just boots back up into windows and never into the bios.

I tried downloading the separate windows exe bios, but the same thing happens. I then downloaded the 336 bios for EZ Flash 3 to my SD-card, but the card only shows up in windows and not in the bios (which shows firmware version 314).

Also when i check device manager in windows there is an exclamation mark on the System firmware entry under Firmware and it says in the General tab "The device cannot start (code 10) Firmware update was unsuccessful".

In the driver tab it says driver provider Asustek... Driver date 2023-12-19 Driver version 10.1.2.336. When i try to update there it just says i have the latest.

Then on the firmware tab it says firmware date 2023-12-19 and firmware version 314. In the events tab I can see 2023-05-18 Device configured (c_firmware.inf) and then device started. Then it says 2024-01-21 device configured (oem146.inf) Device not started and then a little later Device configured (oem284.inf) and Device not started.

Earlier today when i tried there suddenly was no update available in AC, but now it has appeared again but still says version 335, while MyAsus says seems to say other things today than yesterday. Yesterday it only said: optional update Bios Update for windows v336. But today it also has another entry that failed to update: "Critical update RC71L334 update failed" and an update button that does nothing when clicked. 

I've done all this with the power cable connected. 

I need some help please 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Totto72 ,

Due to the significant gap in versions for your BIOS updates, it may lead to abnormalities. Please refer to the instructions in this link to use EZ Flash for updating the BIOS. Start by downloading the oldest BIOS version available from the support page and attempt the update to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Totto72
Level 7

And after a restart MyAsus only shows the Option Update again for 336, and installed version as 314, but it still doesnt work.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Totto72 ,

Due to the significant gap in versions for your BIOS updates, it may lead to abnormalities. Please refer to the instructions in this link to use EZ Flash for updating the BIOS. Start by downloading the oldest BIOS version available from the support page and attempt the update to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.