cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in Gamepad, fingerprint sensor are not recognized in Wndows after clean power on

aeykung
Level 7

Hi,

Actually, I face this problem since I bought device at Sep 23. but severity just increases.

Many times, after Ally is powered on, Gamepad and Fingerprint sensor do not work. for Gamepad, this includes command center and armourcrate button.  In windows device Manager, I see warning sign about driver not loaded at one of USB device.

to fix this, I have to shutdown device and power on several time. sometimes it takes 2 times, sometimes it takes 5 times.

I disable fast startup in Windows. I disable sleep. I disable hibernate. But they do not help.

I did cloud recovery, clean windows update many times but it does not help.

But I notice that when problem occurs, if I enter Bios, Gamepad does not work in Bios as well.

So it may not be Windows problem. But a hardware problem that somehow does not turn on gamepad and fingerprint sensor correctly.

Anyone face this issue, I think about RMA now. But how to prove it to Technician.

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @aeykung ,

I would like to confirm if you have updated the BIOS to the latest version 331

Could you please try removing ASUS System Control Interface v3, uninstall Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstall ASUS System Control Interface v3 and Armoury Crate to see if there is any improvement? Thank you.

I have done what you mentioned several times already but it does not help.

As i mention, sometimes gamepad doesnot work in bios too. Seems bios does not load gamepad driver in time during startup.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @aeykung ,

Thank you for your reply. Have you tried using cloud restoration to see if there is any improvement? If the issue persists, we recommend sending ALLY to the authorized repair center in your area for further diagnosis. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.