cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow

Clintlgm
Level 14
Brand new player, just bought the game, since this is a MMO game is there any reason to install this on my SSD, rather than my Storage drive???
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro
4 REPLIES 4

kkn
Level 14
keep games separat from OS, thats my honest opinion.

I have a dedicated hard drive for games myself and only move the ones that I currently play and would really benefit from an SSD to my boot SSD drive. It's up to you really but all you would see in most games is faster load times when you switch levels or in WoW's case, areas.

Blizzard's games (Starcraft 2, Diablo III and WoW) of this gen can easily be moved around by cutting and pasting the entire folder to the new location (source). That way you can try and see if it's worth keeping it on the SSD over another HDD.

Thanks for the reply this is the information I was looking for. I actually have my SSD partition to two drives and have the room on D drive, but if there is no real gain why use the space or if there is I can just move it over when needed.
I also have learned that I'm not ready for MMO games, it's not worth $15 a month and having someone debiting my credit card monthly automatically. So it seems I'll look for a good FPS game to learn on. WOW is going back to Walmart
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

FavianLarson
Level 7

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.