Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game? [Battle #2]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
Winners for Battle #2 announced:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/events/rog-forum-battleground-battle-2-winners-announced/

The second battle has arrived and it’s a battle for everyone! It’s a simple question that we all have probably have thought about at some point in time, here’s the question: Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game?

This battle begins on November 24th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

The only limitation is that you can only include “two” game titles and not any more than that. No limitations on the genre of the game titles, so let your imaginations run wild! Simply post your two choices for the game titles and your explanation on why these two titles would make the perfect game.

Discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw!

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Name two titles you think would create the perfect game and also your explanation on why you think so. Only entries meeting this criteria will be counted as a qualified entry for the biweekly prize draw or grand prize draw
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 3 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 11th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
187 REPLIES 187

I'm surprised that only few to none of you mentioned about strategy and management games. For me, combination between Cities Skylines and Civilization 6 would be a pretty good.

Why?

1. In Civilization 6, we are able to build our empire from Ancient era, which Cities Skylines don't have. Watching our empire evolving from very basic era to advanced one is extremely fun. For me, this reason alone would be enough on why this game should be combined.

2. In Cities Skylines, we are able to manage our city in a very fine way. Almost everything are simulated, like the citizens. Even small details will give huge impacts to the game. Civilization 6 lack this micromanagement aspects. Other than adding more challenges to the game, this feature would allow us to fine tune our empire at the smallest details possible.

3. Cities Skylines also lack in war mechanics like in Civilization 6 while Civilization 6 lacks in natural disasters like in Cities Skylines. In Cities Skylines, you are unable to attack another player like in Civilization 6. While in Civilization 6, the climate in the game seems to be constant not like in Cities Skylines. There are no volcanic eruption, tornado, etc. which would make the game more interesting. This combination would solve both of the problems mutually.

4. In term of game progression, I would go for real-time management like in Cities Skylines, instead of turn based like in Civilization 6. I'm pretty sure almost everyone will agree with me on this one. Real-time management give you little room to think, and you need to act fast. This is good for training my brain.

danzzal wrote:
I'm surprised that only few to none of you mentioned about strategy and management games. For me, combination between Cities Skylines and Civilization 6 would be a pretty good.

Why?

1. In Civilization 6, we are able to build our empire from Ancient era, which Cities Skylines don't have. Watching our empire evolving from very basic era to advanced one is extremely fun. For me, this reason alone would be enough on why this game should be combined.

2. In Cities Skylines, we are able to manage our city in a very fine way. Almost everything are simulated, like the citizens. Even small details will give huge impacts to the game. Civilization 6 lack this micromanagement aspects. Other than adding more challenges to the game, this feature would allow us to fine tune our empire at the smallest details possible.

3. Cities Skylines also lack in war mechanics like in Civilization 6 while Civilization 6 lacks in natural disasters like in Cities Skylines. In Cities Skylines, you are unable to attack another player like in Civilization 6. While in Civilization 6, the climate in the game seems to be constant not like in Cities Skylines. There are no volcanic eruption, tornado, etc. which would make the game more interesting. This combination would solve both of the problems mutually.

4. In term of game progression, I would go for real-time management like in Cities Skylines, instead of turn based like in Civilization 6. I'm pretty sure almost everyone will agree with me on this one. Real-time management give you little room to think, and you need to act fast. This is good for training my brain.

This is interesting 😄

Bahz
Level 12
So I wanted to update everyone that the way we'll be deciding the winners will be based on the following:

The biweekly prize draw is only available to those who made a qualified entry in this battle during Nov 24 to Dec 8
1) The top winner will be picked out randomly out of the top 15 entries - this way all good answers have a chance to win and it's less biased
2) The other 3 winners will be picked out randomly - everyone who participated in this campaign will be qualified for this draw

We'll be announcing the winners either on Dec 11 or Dec 12.

Bahz
Level 12
Congrats to the winners for Battle #2:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/events/rog-forum-battleground-battle-2-winners-announced/

Remember you can continue to comment on this battle thread or the other 3 battle threads to keep accumulating additional entries for the grand prize draw

oasis789
Level 7
Congratulations to darklee11, omnisentient, cduta90, and ChefNeako. Well done!

Congratulations to the 4 winners! Scribblenauts and Undertale was the best combination in my books, the others are mighty close. Have Fun!

adiath
Level 7
Congrats.
i should choose The Witcher + GTA. I mean witcher character using GTA modern city

Bahz
Level 12
We have 2 winners that have yet to respond so they have 6 more days to do so before we announce the re-draw for these prizes.

If you know these two users in person, please let them know because these are some awesome prizes to miss out on.

Feldon (ROG G20)
bengast (ROG Claymore)

Thanks,
Bahz