Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game? [Battle #2]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
Winners for Battle #2 announced:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/events/rog-forum-battleground-battle-2-winners-announced/

The second battle has arrived and it’s a battle for everyone! It’s a simple question that we all have probably have thought about at some point in time, here’s the question: Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game?

This battle begins on November 24th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

The only limitation is that you can only include “two” game titles and not any more than that. No limitations on the genre of the game titles, so let your imaginations run wild! Simply post your two choices for the game titles and your explanation on why these two titles would make the perfect game.

Discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw!

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Name two titles you think would create the perfect game and also your explanation on why you think so. Only entries meeting this criteria will be counted as a qualified entry for the biweekly prize draw or grand prize draw
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 3 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 11th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
187 REPLIES 187

oasis789
Level 7
My submission for Battle #2: Deus Ex + XCOM = Deus ExCOM

http://i.imgur.com/S9BXfL1.jpg

Imagine the cyberpunk setting and stealth gameplay of Deus Ex with the squad tactics and global strategy of XCOM. The player manages a small team of mercenary operators, spies and hackers that infilitrate megacorporations around the world to perform missions like sabotage, espionage, heist, prison break etc. Sneak your team past guard patrols, avoid cameras and traps, secure the package, but if things go loud, then a fighting retreat to the evac zone before security forces arrive. Play different megacorps against each other while building up your squad's capabilities and preventing any one corp from achieving its plans for world domination.

Basically I want Invisible Inc but bigger, with a strategic campaign layer.

Bahz
Level 12
For everyone who didn't participate in the first battle, here's your chance to earn an additional entry for the grand prize draw by casting your vote for the best LoL Meme
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89097-Public-Voting-for-Battle-of-the-LoL-Memes-Battle-1

I think many people will agree that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is one of THE greatest RPG's that has been in quite some time. It redefined the genre and really put the "series" (Seriously...I want a third) on the map. It's replay-ability is second to none because there are so many different ways to play and storylines to explore. I know I personally sunk hundreds of hours into this game.

Why Lego Star Wars to pair with it? Lego has always done a phenomenal job of creating a game that spans every possible age. Kids can enjoy the games while the adults can enjoy the hidden jokes and themes and heck...the games are just fun and comical. I can't even begin to fathom the combination of these two games because the sheer magnitude of epicness that would ensue is too much. I mean, come on...HK with Lego stylized dialogue...meatbags?

My main reason for this combination would be to not only bring younger games into the genre but also the theme and style that Lego would bring to the franchise. They've covered so many other games and concepts, this just feels like a right pairing. Will it ever happen? Sadly...no. Now I'm going to go cry in the corner and hope there will someday be a KOTOR 3...

HTcruz
Level 7
LOL and DOTA 2

A new DOTA 2 mode called Defence of the Legends is being created that looks to bring elements from rival MOBA League of Legends into the Valve game. The final plan is to bring over everything from League of Legends into DOTA 2, such as champions, the map, and textures. The only exclusion at the moment is skins, but that could change as the project matures.

Everything will be 1:1. Damage, movespeed, everything hahah ^_^6072260722

Currently the project is being worked on and led by a single person, but he has begun opening up to the community for help. Mostly the community is wanted to assist with bringing in the champions. Since the League of Legends champions are being brought over directly, with no modifications, all of their stats will remain the same. The only stat that needs changing is their range, which will be converted to work in the DOTA 2 engine.

The biggest challenge to bringing characters from League of Legends into DOTA 2 seems to be the differences in graphics. “Moving a champion into league results in very edgy characters (ehuehuehue). So a lot of the models have to be remade. I’ve seen many people create beautiful 3D renderings of their work, the ones I can think of are the Ahri and Jinx ones.”

When Defence of the Legends is complete you will be able to mix and match elements from both DOTA 2 and League of Legends. In fact, Hero vs. Champion gamemodes seem to be a high priority for Defence of the Legends. “I’ll try adding multiple game types, eg. Hero vs Champs on a 50:50 map, Heroes and Champs mixed on either map, free item mode where you can build either games items as a hero or champion! But all this comes after a lot of other things.”

Defence of the Legends still has a long way to go before it is ready for the public, the current estimate simply says it will be done “soon”. The creator has started a Tumblr page so that fans can keep track of progress and help out if they have the skills needed.

najirion
Level 7
No Man's Sky and Final Fantasy XV.... and get lost in like... forever LOL

Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper

najirion wrote:
No Man's Sky and Final Fantasy XV.... and get lost in like... forever LOL

My God the amount of conflict there would be over the community side of things. To tweet or ignore...To post or forget. Games are good but the culture clash between the two studios behind these...Oh boy... (Obviously not part of the consideration, just amusing to think about)

Techmonstaa
Level 7
Reason 1. Ark is amazing! Simply one of the most immersive games ever created.

Reason 2. GTAV is amazing! Simply one of the most entertaining games ever created; action packed with great story.

Reason 3. Imagine the two combined. Ark running as well as GTAV. The Scope of Ark in the GTAV universe. The combination would be epic.
Crafting, gathering, "tribes", "gangs", property and items. The list is just far too long. Just imagine!

I'm sure this combo would be banned in gaming dens lol. They wouldn't eat or sleep!!!!

Bahz
Level 12
Lots of really interesting combinations, thank you all who participated in this battle.

The battle will be ending in about 6 hours, so if you haven't provided your thoughts on this topic, do it soon! 🙂 This is only to qualify for the biweekly topic prize draw, you may continue to provide your answer on this topic or comment about other people's choice to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional comments will counted up until January 4th, 2017 and the grand prize draws will take place from January 5th to January 11th.

This is not my entry, but an interesting combination would be Command & Conquer: Tiberium Sun and Just Cause 3. The game Command & Conquer: Renegade never turned out to be. Would had been an exciting addition to the series. Just make Kane a playable character 🙂

monroe
Level 7
An Open-World Biker Game With Decent Controls
Freestyle Motocross (FMX) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Dm_YDEej0 )
and
car racing battle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5MfT1-7Wsw)

nowadays there is no game that has the possibility to properly feel the intensity of FMX and be able to make battles like the car racing battle. Almost every racing game is a reskin of some racing game and there is no way to have a controller or interface to properly do any trick and have a feedback full of adrenaline from it. I mean, u may have a joystick that vibrates at some instant of times after some physics effects, but there is no way to feel the adrenaline, the G Force, the impact with the soil. And when u battle with some other players, there is also no way to feel the pain, the impact of some bullet. And also when u drive in a real vehicle u have inputs from the sound, like vehicle state, some surrounding objects, etc.. State of the weather is also very hard to simulate. Playing in a storm condition would be great and crazy and very enjoying but will u really play if it will be more haptically immersive?