Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game? [Battle #2]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
Winners for Battle #2 announced:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/events/rog-forum-battleground-battle-2-winners-announced/

The second battle has arrived and it’s a battle for everyone! It’s a simple question that we all have probably have thought about at some point in time, here’s the question: Which two game titles combined would create the perfect game?

This battle begins on November 24th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

The only limitation is that you can only include “two” game titles and not any more than that. No limitations on the genre of the game titles, so let your imaginations run wild! Simply post your two choices for the game titles and your explanation on why these two titles would make the perfect game.

Discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw!

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Name two titles you think would create the perfect game and also your explanation on why you think so. Only entries meeting this criteria will be counted as a qualified entry for the biweekly prize draw or grand prize draw
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 3 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 11th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
187 REPLIES 187

I have another idea and I think this one will be my official entry for this contest.

Titles: Scribblenauts and Undertale

About Scribblenauts:
For those not familiar with this, Scribblenauts is a very unique adventure puzzle game. Your character is a little boy that has a magic notebook that lets him write any object or being and it will become real. The game has many minor objectives that you can solve in different ways, depending on what you write on your notebook.

About Undertale:
This game became quite popular but for those who haven't played it, Undertale is a game where you have to explore a world with "monsters" and every action has a consequence. For example: killing some monster will alter the story line; some character who you have killed, may have been your ally; The game is really enlightening and touching, if I must say.

How I came up with this idea:
There was one small objective in Scribblenauts where a man is holding his girlfriend who had been injured. Normally, you could save the girl by writing "Doctor" or "First Aid Kit" on your notebook, to summon them then cure the girl. But what I did was I wrote "Necromancer". He was summoned and he cured girl, but in return he made the man become a skeleton. The game considered the objective finished since the girl was saved, the game didn't care about what happened to the man.

Game idea:
Now the necromancer-incident made me think, what if there were more missions like that? What if depending on how you handle a situation, there will be varying consequences? A game where an NPC will tell you that "You didn't have to summon a chainsaw to get rid of the Tree Monster blocking the path, you could've summoned an alarm clock to wake him up and he'll walk away." or "You could've given the lonely boy a book instead of a toy gun."

The game's ending will also be based on how you dealt with each earlier situation or objectives. It will also have many mini-endings showing what happened to the characters you "helped" or "harmed". There will be an end-game NPC telling you whether you are kind, thoughtful, careless, or cruel; and you will be punished or rewarded accordingly.

I feel like this adventure game would intrigue a lot of people. It will also teach the player not just how to solve things based on logic, but also based on compassion. This game could definitely be enjoyed by adults and even kids. With all its possible endings and outcomes, people will be playing this game over and over for a long time.

Omnisentient wrote:
I have another idea and I think this one will be my official entry for this contest.

About Scribblenauts:
For those not familiar with this, Scribblenauts is a very unique adventure puzzle game. Your character is a little boy that has a magic notebook that lets him write any object or being and it will become real. The game has many minor objectives that you can solve in different ways, depending on what you write on your notebook.

About Undertale:
This game became quite popular but for those who haven't played it, Undertale is a game where you have to explore a world with "monsters" and every action has a consequence. For example: killing some monster will alter the story line; some character who you have killed, may have been your ally; The game is really enlightening and touching, if I must say.

There was one small objective in Scribblenauts where a man is holding his girlfriend who had been injured. Normally, you could save the girl by writing "Doctor" or "First Aid Kit" on your notebook, to summon them then cure the girl. But what I did was I wrote "Necromancer". He was summoned and he cured girl, but in return he made the man become a skeleton. The game considered the objective finished since the girl was saved, the game didn't care about what happened to the man.

Game idea:
Now the necromancer-incident made me think, what if there were more missions like that? What if depending on how you handle a situation, there will be varying consequences? A game where an NPC will tell you that "You didn't have to summon a chainsaw to get rid of the Tree Monster blocking the path, you could've summoned an alarm clock to wake him up and he'll walk away." or "You could've given the lonely boy a book instead of a toy gun."

The game's ending will also be based on how you dealt with each earlier situation or objectives. It will also have many mini-endings showing what happened to the characters you "helped" or "harmed". There will be an end-game NPC telling you whether you are kind, thoughtful, careless, or cruel; and you will be punished or rewarded accordingly.

I feel like this adventure game would intrigue a lot of people. It will also teach the player not just how to solve things based on logic, but also based on compassion. This game could definitely be enjoyed by adults and even kids. With all its possible endings and outcomes, people will be playing this game over and over for a long time.

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!
And it would be enjoyed by so many people.
There are so many gamers who dislike puzzle-games in general or games which are entirely based on the story, but I'm pretty sure these gamers would reconisder their opinion with a game like that.
I love your idea and I truely hope that some company will make a game like that!
The best idea in my opinion so far!

Blabs wrote:
THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!
And it would be enjoyed by so many people.
There are so many gamers who dislike puzzle-games in general or games which are entirely based on the story, but I'm pretty sure these gamers would reconisder their opinion with a game like that.
I love your idea and I truely hope that some company will make a game like that!
The best idea in my opinion so far!

Thank you so much for appreciating it. I really enjoyed both of the games, although it has been like a long time ago since I played them, I'm glad I remembered them. I would be very happy if this game actually gets made, especially if they make it so that you are given as much freedom like in Scribblenauts, instead of "choose from these 4 options" type of game. If this ever gets made I would definitely explore all possible paths. I've always been the type of player who cares more about the story. So I'm glad you believe that even those who aren't like me would find this game interesting too.

Omnisentient wrote:

About Scribblenauts:

About Undertale:

Game idea:

I almost think this game would be too overwhelming. Not a bad thing mind you. But as long as they port over the same soundtrack style for this game...Solid gold. I do miss me some Scribblenauts too. One of the most ridiculous yet fun games out there.

GeneralElost wrote:
I almost think this game would be too overwhelming. Not a bad thing mind you. But as long as they port over the same soundtrack style for this game...Solid gold. I do miss me some Scribblenauts too. One of the most ridiculous yet fun games out there.

Yeah, I think it would take a very long time to create a game like this. At least the graphics isn't insane though, it'll either be pixelated like Undertale or simplistic like Scribblenauts. I honestly don't remember the soundtrack of Scribblenauts, are they any good? I definitely liked the soundtrack of Undertale, and the sound effect of when a charater speaks, it feels nostalgic for some reason. Basically their soundtrack really matches the area or the feel of the scene, I'm sure if they did the same approach to this game combination it would be amazing.

Congrats to the winners.

May this thread give ideas to the gaming industry.

Super Smash Bros. + [Insert MOBA here] would be awesome too.

Omnisentient wrote:

About Scribblenauts:

About Undertale:

Game idea:

Wow man, its relly cool idea, i like scribblenauts but i didt actually played undertale.

Omnisentient wrote:

About Scribblenauts:

About Undertale:

Game idea:

Dunno how such a game would work realistically on the development side but I really enjoyed the anecdote from scribblenauts. I don't think I would have come up with necromancer as a solution... and I would have thought the necromancer would raise the girlfriend as undead, not the man.

Omnisentient wrote:

About Scribblenauts:

About Undertale:

Game idea:

I have read this entry many times now, and this is the best. A stunning example on where two games combined can be turned into excellence. You have summed your entry up remarkably well. This is what adventure is all about, "With all its possible endings and outcomes, people will be playing this game over and over for a long time."

Would love to see Tim Schafer as the creative director on such a game.

This is by far the most creative entry imho.

DJFulcrum wrote:
I have read this entry many times now, and this is the best. A stunning example on where two games combined can be turned into excellence. You have summed your entry up remarkably well. This is what adventure is all about, "With all its possible endings and outcomes, people will be playing this game over and over for a long time."

Would love to see Tim Schafer as the creative director on such a game.

This is by far the most creative entry imho.

Thank you so much for saying that.

I personally have played some depressing / crime visual novel games and I really enjoyed how they have so many endings. And it has bothered me how there are not many games (outside visual novels) with alternate endings, especially with adventure games. Undertale became very popular because of all its different endings, so I'm sure the developers are aware that it's a pretty effective and important formula. I'm hoping they really do make a game like this one I suggested. Even if it's just a simple pixel game like Undertale. It's the story and the exploration that matters most.