Pizza
Level 7
What platform do you guys play.
I'm on Xbox, Play Station AND PC.
:):):):)
22 REPLIES 22

Pc is the way to go.

PC , but I would like a PS3

I'm a big fan of the xbox one but lately have been slowly gravitating towards mostly pc gaming. Like others have mentioned it costs a bit more to find/build a decent gaming pc but once you do it can outperform any console currently out IMO.

Korth
Level 14
PCs with comparable performance are starting to reach price parity with consoles. I personally think the tide will turn against consoles once more and more people realize they can play all the same games for about the same price with a low-end PC ... and consoles will become entirely obsolete once most consumers believe PCs are a better option (because PCs are always improving and providing more bang for the buck every year, plus they can be upgraded, and are becoming more and more mobile, while console capabilities are locked until a newer model comes out).

The consoles will drag this death on as long as possible, of course, stubbornly refusing to die so long as their platforms consistently generate revenue. They have to offer exclusive game titles, which probably means they have to develop software in-house or pay hefty incentives to game developers. They have to offer better service, which is pretty hard to do when taking on Steam and Blizzard etc. They have to offer better hardware, which - let's face it - is a battle they can't really win. There's still a lot of dedicated console diehards, but I think it's already at the point where people only buy into a console platform because they're attracted to an exclusive title or want to play with a certain group of friends. Any console player who gets a taste of superior PC gaming will have his loyalties severely tested today, how much worse next year or the year beyond when he could enjoy better gaming and more advantages all at a lower cost?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Only PC for me.. Death to consoles! The last console I owned was a PS 3, not even thinking about purchasing a PS4.

Korth
Level 14
Modding a console isn't as fun as modding a PC anyhow, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Modding a console isn't as fun as modding a PC anyhow, lol.

Yes I agree!;)

emiller
Level 7
PC and CZ4A 😉

sk2play
Level 13
PC for me primarily for FPS, RTS, RPG and Racers. I recently got the XBone for sports games and some platformers.
I got the Madden 1TB version which comes with a year subscription to EA Access ($30 value) that has all last years sports games to download.
Also BF4, Hardliner, Dragon Age Inquisition, NFS Rivals. With Gold Live subscription, I feel I rarely will need to purchase many games.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

chevy350
Level 10
Strictly PC here, kids have the PS4 and PS3 and my old cpu but prefer PS4 due to chat with their buddies, or trolling lol. I like to build my own as well and have for years with the main purpose being games. Was never good with using a controller for games other than driving games, tried a 360 controller on my pc once.....that lasted about 2 mins and in the trash it went lol.
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD