cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to get on GTA Online if it's blocked by wifi.

kemble9900
Level 7
I often take my laptop to school and play games during lunch, when I try to play GTA Online it says that it's down (blocked by school wifi), even with my VPN (Psiphon3) it won't work, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
-Many thanks kemble9900.
2 REPLIES 2

MajorMajor
Level 8
I think you would need to connect through a proxy server which would likely kill your ping to the point of being unplayable.
VG248QE x 2 | GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Gaming Mechanical Keyboards

xeromist
I'm no expert but there's a small chance they didn't setup a WiFi network to facilitate gaming. I'm probably wrong though so you should just ask them to remove the block.

Seriously though, if you want to play connected games during breaks you could always tether your laptop to mobile data. You seem to be asking for help breaking your school's rules and degrading WiFi quality for people using it to do schoolwork. That's really not cool. But if you're willing to pay for tethering I don't think the school could argue with someone playing games on a service they paid for during their free time.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…