Well picked up a copy of Titanfall this weekend. Origin had it on sale (not sure if still going on)
At just over 5 GB I have to say I like it so far. UT fans would like to know there is double jumping and wall dodging. Movement is fluid and easy to master. Graphics are good Maps seem to be laid out nice and it has 5 different game modes
ATTRITION If you have never played classic Titanfall before, this is the place to start. Kill anything on the enemy team to earn Attrition Points! This includes enemy Grunts, Spectres, Pilots, Titans, and Dropships. The winning team is the one that hits the score limit first, or has the highest score when the time is up.
• Each enemy provides a different amount of Attrition Points. Killing Grunts and Spectres gives your team one Attrition Point, Pilots get you four points, and defeating a Titan gives you five points.
• With the amount of minions on the map, players can choose to avoid enemy Pilots. Grunts usually run in a pack of three or four, so you get the same amount of points for taking out a Grunt squad as you would taking out an enemy Pilot.
• When Minion Detector is equipped, focus on your minimap at all times. Not only will you see where the enemy minions are located, but you will also see your friendly minions. Keep an eye on your friendly minions. If you see them dropping like flies then there is most likely an enemy Pilot nearby killing them. So either get close and take them out or keep distance while you kill more minions.
LAST TITAN STANDING In Last Titan Standing, all Pilots start in a Titan. Your team must eliminate all of the enemy team’s Titans or Pilots to win. This is a round-based mode, and the team that wins the best of five rounds wins the match. Within each round, there is no respawning, and there are no replacement Titans, until the next round starts. However, if your Titan is destroyed, and you successfully eject, you can continue to play as a Pilot, helping your teammates eliminate the other team’s Titans.
• Titan weapons can be broken down into subclasses; some are versatile and capable of doing damage up close and from a distance while others should be mainly used for long-range engagements. The Arc Cannon and Plasma Railgun are much more effective from a long range as both of these weapons can be charged to optimize damage output. Use these long-range weapons with the Particle Wall—the wall blocks incoming projectiles, allowing you to fully charge your Arc Cannon or Plasma Railgun.
• Weapons like the XO-16 Chaingun and 40mm Cannon can be fired from long range or used to battle enemy Titans up close. The Accelerator mod should be equipped when using the XO-16 Chaingun, giving your primary weapon more ammo and a higher fire rate.
• Tactical Abilities play a huge role in this game mode. When grouping with friendly Titans, a Titan with the Vortex Shield should lead the charge to grab incoming projectiles that can be used to throw back at the enemy.
HARDPOINT DOMINATION This game mode is all about capturing and holding three system nodes, known as hardpoints. Capture and hold the three hardpoints on the map for your team to earn points—the more hardpoints you hold, the faster you accrue points. Capture neutral hardpoints by standing near them for a short period of time. Retake enemy-held hardpoints by standing near them for a longer period of time—a hardpoint must be rendered neutral before you can begin to capture it. If enemies are near a hardpoint, you must find and eliminate them before any capturing or neutralizing can occur.
• For each Pilot inside the hardpoint, the capture speed increases. A hardpoint is contested if an enemy Pilot moves within the capture radius. If there are two IMC Pilots and one Militia Pilot, the IMC Pilots override the Militia Pilot, allowing the IMC Pilots to begin neutralizing or capturing the hardpoint.
• Minions are capable of capturing and defending hardpoints, making their starting routes much different than the other game modes. During Hardpoint Domination, the minions make their way towards the three hardpoints and engage opposing minions—whichever side that wins will then move to the hardpoint and begin capturing it.
• Arc Mines work tremendously well in this game mode, especially for the hardpoints that are only accessible to Pilots. When outfitting your Pilot, choose the Explosives Pack Kit. Then, when defending, plant multiple mines around the entrances of the hardpoint. The damage dealt by two of these mines is enough to kill a Pilot.
CAPTURE THE FLAG Steal the enemy flag and return it to your base, while stopping the enemy team from grabbing your flag! To score a capture, your team's flag must be present at your base, set into its pedestal. Then, if you have the enemy flag, capture it by running through your team's flag at your base. The winning team is the one with the most captures when the match timer runs out.
• Throw Satchel Charges around your flag. Once an enemy decides to grab the flag, quickly detonate the charges to stop the enemy in their tracks. You can detonate charges by double tapping your Reload button/key rather than pulling out the detonator to explode the charges. This saves you time and allows you to roam the map instead of just staring at the flag waiting for enemies to grab it.
• This game mode gives you the opportunity to really take advantage of your Titan. When your Titan is ready, save it until you are near the enemy’s flag—it is much easier to sneak into the enemy base as a Pilot. Once you are near the enemy flag, call down your Titan and then grab the flag, quickly jump into your Titan, and ride away.
• There is sure to be an enemy Pilot with a shotgun positioned around the flag defending the objective. Equip Active Radar Pulse to pinpoint enemies hiding in corners defending their flag. This Tactical Ability will aid in picking the right route to use once you grab the enemy’s flag, activate the ability, and find out where the enemies are located before exiting the enemy base.
PILOT HUNTER In Pilot Hunter, it’s all about hunting or being hunted! Kill the enemy team’s Pilots to reach the score limit and win—one point is awarded for each Pilot killed. Although killing Grunts and Spectres in this mode will not earn points towards your team’s score, doing so will still give you build time reductions on your replacement Titans and Titan Core Ability.
• When playing Pilot Hunter, be sneaky. Unlike Attrition, you can no longer kill a group of minions, die at the hands of an enemy Pilot, and justify it on the scoreboard. Stealth is even more important now that you’re the main focus of your opponents. Utilizing a Suppressor mod, melee attacks, and ordnance to kill minions keeps you off the minimap.
• A great way to find enemy Pilots is to use Minion Detector, keeping an eye on a nearby group of friendly minions. Once you see the minions disappear, head over there and find the nearby enemy Pilot. Otherwise, just focus on killing enemy minions and get your Titan as soon as possible.
• Since the enemy team can only score points by killing Pilots, your life becomes much more valuable. When you are doomed in a Titan, eject from your Titan and retreat to safety without being shot out of the air. Equipping Auto-Eject to your Titan Tier 2 Kit slot helps you sneak away once your Titan is taken out. With this kit you’ll be forced to eject once your Titan is doomed and you’ll receive Cloak for a short moment, giving you enough time to retreat to safety. You can never be executed inside your Titan if you have Auto-Eject equipped.
Points are easy to gather I only played for an hour or two and have acquired several unlocks made it to level 5. If you like first person shooters this may be a game for you. Check it out here.