cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resident evil 7

grassy
Level 12
Has anyone started playing Res evil 7 as yet as i am interested to hear your opinions on the new game.:)I started playing it yesterday and just can't seem to get into it,although i am only 2 hours into it i think they should have stuck with the 3rd person shooter rather than 1st. It is striking me as another silent hill when it comes to graphics.The game seems colorless and dull even though it is a horror based game it would still be a great idea to have created an atmosphere different to current based horror games after all res evil has a lot to live up to.Its still early days for me at the moment and i will keep playing it even if it is to justify the money spent and hopefully it might be able to change my opinion off it.I don't mean to come across as bashing on the game but i am just not liking it so far although it has given me a few laughs along the way.:D
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
6 REPLIES 6

manfromminnesot
Level 7
I get so scared from RE games 😕 Why do people like horror games/movies????

grassy
Level 12
Hi manfromminnesota, I like the survival horror games with an atmosphere that takes you to a different location with not only a good story line but a good color background.I thought that res evil 7 had none off that.3rd person shooters can bring you into an atmospheric game better I think.Well that's just what I prefer I guess.Welcome to the forum mate.

Resident Evil 7's a fun game! xD They just recently released a DLC so you may want to check that out. Yeah, it's scary but I am glad that the developers went back to what the RE series was known for: Survival Horror!

grassy
Level 12
It's definitely survival horror.I really liked the first one and the 4 th one best.

tackymoulting
Level 7
The voice acting is really good. But I was disappointed with the puzzles which were pretty easy.

Volt
Level 9
I really enjoyed RE7. I had gotten RE4 a few months before and did my first play though before doing RE7. RE4's graphics made it look dated. But the game play was still great, fun and challenging. As far as RE7's 1st person, I think that was intentional for it to work with the Sony VR headset. I got to try the demo of it (PS4+VR) and it was amazing. It really did make you feel like you were in this other environment. Very tippy - the VR version of the demo for this game.

I think there were about 2 puzzles that I could not figure out and had to do watch some YT videos to help me through. I also was having a rough time with the 1st boss fight and did a YT video for that too. Only to realize I was so very close to beating that boss.

I've play some of the DLC and need to finish it. There will be one more DLC coming out later this year that looks like it focuses on one of the characters in the game. Being intentionaly vague to not spoil it 😉