cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Screen of Death?

The_Matrix_Man
Level 7
I've just recently bought my first ASUS item. It is the ROG G20 gaming tower. I have set it up with an Acer LCD monitor, Logitech G720+ Keyboard, and a gaming mouse (Forgot the brand). Anyways, it was my first time setting up a desktop so, I put in all the wires that I saw fit into the slots. There were 3 wires in the tower and the monitor (Not including the mouse and keyboard), These wires were an HDMI cable, 2 power cables for tower and monitor, and a cable with blue on the sockets (I have no idea what this is). The PC worked fine and started up correctly and since it is windows 8, I set up my account with a red background and everything else. Then, it worked until I got up to connecting to a wireless network. I tried to connect but it went limited, so I skipped the step and when I got to the desktop, I tried it again but it still went limited. So I troubleshooted the internet and it said there were 3 problems, one said that it was "Set to connect manually", even though I set it to connect automatically. I forgot the other 2 errors it found but, one talked about an IP. So, I went to restart it to see if that fixed the problem but, when it turned back on it was just a red screen (Probably red because that's what I set it to be), there is no writing or anything, just a blank red screen. I have tried turning it off and on mutltiple times, tried disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard and mouse but, it just doesn't work. Since it did work before I know that I must have all the wires that I need. Sorry for this thread being so long but, I wanted to give you all the information that I could. If anyone knows a fix, please tell me!
0 REPLIES 0