cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online gaming

Nackers
Level 15
Hi. I'm having trouble with Battlefield 3, when I try to play a game i get a unable to connecting to server error, On the bf3blog one of the fixers is to disable firewall which works, it let me joint a game but I disconnected before I started/deployed.. is disabling firewall the normal thing to do or is there something else that I can try..

I'm using AGV 2013 internet security..

Thanks Heaps..
5 REPLIES 5

Area_66
Level 11
I don't disable the firewall to play BF3, try to turn off AVG.

Nackers
Level 15
Thanks Heaps Area 66.. Just tried disabling/turning off AVG, no go, disabled firewall in AVG and the game connects and plays great..

kkn
Level 14
nackers, do you have Upnp on in your modem?, if so turn it off.
it will disconnect you from servers when trying to join.
becouse BF3 dont suport it.
try and set up a dedicaded IP on your pc ( worked for me ) whit the range under the IP the modem gives out ( unless it starts on ***.***.*.2 ).

Nackers
Level 15
Thanks kkn, It's not my modem I'm using at the moment.. long story.. I'm house sitting got my rig setup with me and using their wifi. I've just had a bit of a look but don't wont to play with it, it's not mine.., when I get back to rainbow I'll set my modem up as you have advised.. Thanks heaps for your help..

Nackers
Level 15
Got my own ADSL up and going, I disabled Upnp and have had no trouble apart from my old legs getting tired from all the running around playing BF3.. Thanks for your help..