cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortal Kombat 2011 for PC

Pratham
Level 10
Many of you guys may already know this but in case you don't...

Mortal Kombat series' latest game was released in 2011 and they are releasing it for PC. Steam will be available on July 3, and Retail version goes out in August..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)
8 REPLIES 8

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Love the game on my PS3, gotten through most of it...heh, had to import it though last year, as it was banned here in Australia, this was before the R18+ rating was finally established...took em bloody long enough 😕

Pratham
Level 10
Hope they don't ban it here in India..I am 26 so 18+ rating is OK..heh..the game must have lot of gore & explicit content for they banned it in Australia...

z0ki
Level 10
Pratham, not it isn't that it's just the australian government are full of d*ck heads who don't know better
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB

z0ki wrote:
Pratham, not it isn't that it's just the australian government are full of d*ck heads who don't know better

Yeah, they're supposed to be an advisory board...but take it over the top...they just banned Saints Row IV from coming to Aus.

B0UJI
Level 7
The main things they put their foot down over is Drugs and Sexual Violence. Mortal Kombat was before the R18+ rating initially, but the "Komplete Edition" got rated R18+ recently so that comes through fine.

Saints Row had the sexual violence aspect and drugs together. I don't mind that decision so much, they can just rename the drugs like they did with Fallout3. What frustrates me is the whole "Oh... why would you want to play that any way if it's just drugs and violence? Are you unstable" that then comes flooding out. Oh no because everyone thinks trainspotting is fine at R18+, but second you mention or allude to drugs or violence in a game everyone loses their ****.

Pratham
Level 10
Talk about ****ty government and you will find India at the top...but fortunately they are ignorant enough to not look in game releases..The fact is they think games are meant only for kids so they have assigned some young people on advisory board..I heard they just follow ESRB/PEGI ratings as they are..India doesn't have any rating system on gaming/entertainment softwares...only for films

So what you guys do when you can't buy retail version?? Steam/origin? Steam is ok but Origin server suck bigtime!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Generally most people get friends to gift them the games they want, usually an outside agreement is made for payment etc...I know this can be done with Steam. For me, since it was banned in Aus, I got mine imported from China...they call it a "Grey Import" I think....hehe such a baaaad boy I am. But personally, I think the advisory board has no right to decide what is right or not right for us adults to play and watch. Personally, I don't like the idea of any gaming alluding to, or even having sexual violence in it...I see no need why the devs did it...but from what I heard about a particular scene in SRIV...it sounded a little funny to begin with...until i read the rest of what happens...and no, I will not share it...not for the eyes of kids :p.

Share it Myk...We are all big boys...Nobody's goin to ban you from the forum..