cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm inquiring if my rig works well on MMO like Final Fantasy?

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
I've been mostly using PS2 and PS3 for Final Fantasy 11 and 14 but I'm wondering will this have better FPS? Because I recall I haven't been playing for like 2-3 years but I remember how during an event like a seige in whitegate or during dynamis my fps for PS2 and PS3 goes way lagging... so it basically the screen would look like it would freeze for few minutes then slowly move every 1 to 5 seconds...

I'm sure Crosshair V extreme or formula would be best for MMO PC online gaming... but I was hoping R4E would help process with the graphics in the fps... but I know I cannot rely my ISP in DSL... because I'm currently getting like

Sent: 43,681,878 Received 1,888,598,257 bytes... so I know I have way too much latency... I need to somehow lower it... Is there a device that uses as a filter to lower the latency? Because I noticed that's a lot of packets loss....

And I just want my gameplay a little more smoother as far as I can play better... But I'm just comparing to my previous experience playing on PS2 and PS3 compared to R4E MOBO and the other PC components I have in my Rig....

Cos I enjoy playing with my friends in the euro server... too much rude players in my previous server... lol
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000
19 REPLIES 19

xeromist
Your packets sent & received will not be equal. Mostly you send small requests and get big responses so that is correct.

As to whether the game will run better? The machine is more powerful than a PS3 so it should be better but if you are playing on a euro server from the US then there will always be an issue of lag.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Really? I feel the load of the Internet Explorer 9 is quite slow... If it was a gameplay experience it's the same thing as playing 2000-4000 people in a Event in FFO... I've heard people say particular PC builds is much more faster than PS2-PS3 experience but I'm inquiring if there's any ethernet card that can lower the latency? I know ASUS has a couple ethernet cards and I recall I saw a T1 ethernet card adapter for PCIxE which would you recommend?
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

xeromist
I think you are referring to the Killer NICs which actually have a mini client running to handle and optimize traffic. They work in some situations so if you feel that you are really suffering due to a connection issue then you may benefit. I would definitely check with the ISP first to ensure there is nothing they can do to optimize your connection.

PCI-X is a different standard for server motherboards. It won't work in a desktop/gaming motherboard.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Oh understand thank you Xeromist... I'm not sure if I wanna go back into MMO... but if incase I do I'd like to be a little more prepared as to knowing how to enhance the speed. Because I noticed I talked to a Playonline technician and he told me to try Port Forward there IP address from there gaming server... to enhance the speed and I recall security purposes..

Yeah I didn't see the killer NIC until someone post through this forum I recall... No actually I recall a player in MMO said they were using a T3 connection... But that was back in 2002-2004 I haven't been playing since 2007-2009 although I did recall there was a player also named your account name lol xeromist in kujata server...

Unfortunately can you also suggests other alternatives besides Killer NIC? I'd like at least not only a gaming NIC but a security features a little hardware firewall would also help besides software firewall from Win 7...

I'm pretty much novice when it comes to PC cos my knowledge is rather old knowledge... But Asus re-ignites my passion for PC... lol... back then I'm into Mac's cos of better for graphic applications...

Xtreme-Performance wrote:
Unfortunately can you also suggests other alternatives besides Killer NIC? I'd like at least not only a gaming NIC but a security features a little hardware firewall would also help besides software firewall from Win 7...

Your NIC isn't going to perform firewall functions, it's just a Network Interface Card. If you want a hardware firewall then you need either a consumer home router with firewall or some sort of business solution(which would be expensive). I would talk to your local computer store guy and see what routers they have with firewall features first.

xeromist wrote:
Your NIC isn't going to perform firewall functions, it's just a Network Interface Card. If you want a hardware firewall then you need either a consumer home router with firewall or some sort of business solution(which would be expensive). I would talk to your local computer store guy and see what routers they have with firewall features first.

Thanks.. I have a simple version of a home router that filter's mac addresses but that didn't prevent people for duplicating your own mac address to infiltrate this bug in the firmware... since technically you require to type the mac address information down and I cant use it unless it's connected to ISP... but home routers like linksys can be programmed without having to connect to your ISP... (which is why it's a simple form)

I could check with my ISP if I could purchase my own broadband router and then they'd consider letting me connect to that broadband router... because my isp provided broadband router doesn't have much encryption on wireless hence why use wire... and if it had a better encryption on broadband router I'm sure no one else can tap in or connect to my wi-fi ISP router..

Yeah I saw the ones from Cisco... costs like $4000 $6000 bucks... maybe later on... I was thinking of investing in a self-business but I need to do a more detailed research if I want a small business to survive... I see that a lot of business in my area even big corporations like CompUSA and JCPenny Liberty House and I heard bestbuy might be closing down... like block busters...

Business in technology is rather weak in my community... so I don't know if getting into business in technology like internet industry (not ISP... lol) will work in the community I'm currently residing...

Xtreme-Performance wrote:
Business in technology is rather weak in my community... so I don't know if getting into business in technology like internet industry (not ISP... lol) will work in the community I'm currently residing...

Retail is weak for brick & mortar because of overhead. B&M can't compete on price so they have to compete on convenience and service but many of them fail on these counts. Tech can still be profitable but your business needs to fill a void. Often that means more service oriented work such as onsite installation and repair. These are things that a website can never do.

kkn
Level 14
you can try this out but its not a pure ping tester, its a speed tested up against nodes, and you get an estimate ping to and from them.
but the thing you must think of is, the more connection a server got the more traffic there will be and then it can start lag.
so if you got like 30-50 in ping thats nothing, but in mmo its always klick, wait, klick, wait.

kkn wrote:
you can try this out but its not a pure ping tester, its a speed tested up against nodes, and you get an estimate ping to and from them.
but the thing you must think of is, the more connection a server got the more traffic there will be and then it can start lag.
so if you got like 30-50 in ping thats nothing, but in mmo its always klick, wait, klick, wait.

If I'm connecting to europe server I'd say I need lots of patience from outside of europe country or rather even continent lol... Which I'd need a lot of patience....

But I should invest on Crosshair V I know Crosshair V and 8150 is cheaper then intel i7 and RIVE and I heard that mobo works great as far as internet... even though the reviews of 8150 kind of turned me off... if it's suppose to help internet speed connection for future play of MMO... I'd want to invest in it as well...

I guess the reason why theirs 2 different kinds of mobos either RIVE for higher dazzling graphics or the fast and furious speeds of crosshair over LAN... is that we cannot have it all specialized in sounds, graphics, and LAN overclocking speeds and performance.
I picked RIVE because it can process graphics better than crosshair especially the turned off review... of the old i7 comparision to the new AMD 8150 yet i7's still more expensive in the market even tho it's only 4 to 6 core with 3960X with 15mb cache... when AMD 8150 has 8 cores... I'm wondering about how many cache for AMD 8 core??

And which ones should you suggest expert wise? Opteron Server CPU or Xeon CPU? And if you have time... please give me the cons and pros... I truely respect the forums of the experts who have helped me in this forums especially the moderators... I thank yeah and that's why I'm asking a Modorators advice on their experts on which Server CPU would be bests cons and pros...

Thank you for giving me your time and attention to give me advice from a novice enthusiastic builder like myself. :cool: