cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people feel about VR and AR now?

tampere
Level 7
So, I guess the Pokemon thing has cooled down, but it was still a fun use of augmented reality. I don't seem to hear as much about virtual reality now in gaming, how do people perceive it all? A dying trend or tech that is actually useful?
26 REPLIES 26

xeromist wrote:
I think the simplest solution would be to label different types of games based on the risk of sickness.

This is an interesting idea which seems workable.

Some games already offer "severity" warnings for risk of inducing epileptic seizures. Some games have too many flashy, blinky, busy things going onscreen which can trigger seizures in sensitive people. Although this isn't a regulated practice, as it stands these sorts of warnings are voluntary (in North America, anyhow).
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Chadd74
Level 7
I found for me the best ways to get over the sickness is to either take a motion sickness pill which is hit or miss. The best solution so far is Whiskey!! After a few glasses it's all good!

Chadd74 wrote:
I found for me the best ways to get over the sickness is to either take a motion sickness pill which is hit or miss. The best solution so far is Whiskey!! After a few glasses it's all good!

LOL. Yeah I also take the pills for certain games (not even VR!!!) that make me sick. It's pretty rare I need them but Quern is the most recent example. Whiskey...I dunno. Sounds like a good way to accelerate the process. 😛
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Let's discuss VR again in 5 years... perhaps we'll see how long lasting it is!

Korth
Level 14
lol ... ultimate low-budget VR from google!
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
lol ... ultimate low-budget VR from google!

Chic FilA was giving away a version of those with their kids meals, decorated up with their eat more chicken look.
Davemon50

FonzieBulldog
Level 9
Watching movies and playing games some times every week in VR with HTC Vive for a year back now and its just great.Sold the Playstation VR when i didnt like the grumpy image in that VR system.

FonzieBulldog wrote:
Watching movies and playing games some times every week in VR with HTC Vive for a year back now and its just great.Sold the Playstation VR when i didnt like the grumpy image in that VR system.

A grumpy image on the box?

FonzieBulldog
Level 9
A grumpy image on what box ?.

"grumpy image in that VR system"