cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2 - The Witch Queen

Nate152
With the start of the Witch Queen we are now at season 16 "Season of the Risen". The Witch Queen is the god of the Hive species, her name is Savathun. Our duty as guardians is to find out how she stole the light from the traveler and get it back.

There are some big changes from Beyond Light. We can now craft weapons and choose specific traits for them. The Void 3.0 subclass is similar to stasis being more customizable. This chapter seems to be more focused on void with a new void weapon, the Glaive.

They brought back the War Table with a 3-man fireteam activity called Psiops Battlegrounds. If you like first person shooters, this is fun stuff !

How are you liking the Witch Queen? I think it's very good.
19 REPLIES 19

Holopeet
Level 7
I'm liking it a lot, I'm so happy that I could use my Xbox account and game on with my old characters

Nate152
Hi Holopeet,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Add me to your Destiny 2 friend's list, I'm Nate152

Nate152
Season of the Risen is flying by. At the start of the next season, your power bonus will reset to 0 with a new artifact.

With the launch of the Witch Queen, they vaulted the planet "Tangled Shore" which was where you did currency exchange with Spider. Currency exchange is now done with Rahool at the Tower.

They added a new planet "Savathun's Throne World" where Scorn and Lucent Hive reside. The glowier lucent hive have a moth inside them that gives them a shield, when you damage or kill them the moth comes out, you must kill the moth or it will find another hive enemy to go into, or it will chase you and explode damaging your health or kill you.

Let's take a trip through Savathun's Throne World and do a public event and a lost sector. Any public event can be turned Heroic by doing a certain thing.

This particular public event, Ether Ritual, can be turned heroic by killing each of the three mini bosses and shooting the blue ether balls before they reach the center piece.

Public Event = Scorn enemies
Lost Sector = Lucent Hive enemies

Nate152
There are three lost sectors in the Throne World:

1) Extraction - Found in Quagmire

2) Sepulcher - Found in Florescent Canal

3) Metamorphosis - Found in Miasma

On normal difficulty they're all easy.

To give us more of a challenge there is a daily rotation of legend/master lost sectors. You can get triumph points and a chance at exotic gear for doing them, it's random which planet and which lost sector it will be.

Legend difficulty = 1550 Recommended power level
Master difficulty = 1580 Recommended power level

In the higher level activities they added tougher enemies called Champions. There are three types of Champions, Overload, Anti-Barrier, Unstoppable. Champions require a special mod from your artifact to stun and weaken them, without these mods they are all but impossible to kill.

This is Extraction master difficulty with Overload and Unstoppable champions.

My loadout is Void subclass with grenade kills generating void volatility rounds for void weapons.

Primary weapon: Auto rifle - Tigerspite (overload mod)
Energy weapon: Void glaive - The Enigma (unstoppable mod)
Heavy weapon: Solar rocket launcher - Galjahorn with catalyst

Nate152
We are already two weeks into the new season, "Season of the Haunted". This season the focus is Solar 3.0.

With season of the haunted, they added a new destination, Derelict Leviathan. Sound familiar? It's where part of the Leviathan Raid took place, I say took because they've vaulted it.

On Derelict Leviathan there are nightmares roaming about, nightmares are much tougher enemies, you can hunt them down for triumph points and there are bounties for killing them.

While exploring around, you can open chests which will randomly give you an opulent key, you use opulent keys to open opulent chests scattered around in each location. The thing is, your key will only open a certain chest, the key gives you a clue as to where the chest is. Opulent chests contain new season armor and weapons.

Also on Derelict Leviathan is a new public event called Containment, there are three parts to it killing a main boss in each part, it's pretty fun if enough people join in. Kill a mini boss and it drops an orb, take the orb to the starting stake and it will spawn a scythe which is a powerful solar weapon, you get triumph points for getting kills with it.

Nate152
All right so we are well into Season 18, Season of Plunder and the focus is Arc 3.0. Arc = electric, there are some cool new grenades, you can become amplified and get speed boosts.

Pinnacle cap is 1580, to get any higher you have to earn XP for power bonuses.

They gave us two new public events Ketchcrash and Expedition. These two events are tied together, you complete the Ketchcrash activity to earn map fragments, do other activities such as strikes, public events etc to earn treasure coordinates as you need both to slot in a map in the Captain's Atlas.

You unlock maps by upgrading the Star Chart at the H.E.L.M.

Once you have a map slotted in the Captain's Atlas you do the Expedition activity, at the end of the event behind the chest there are three spots for each player to place a staff. Place your staff and claim the buried treasure.

You can earn triumph points in these activities by doing certain things.

At the Start of the Season they gave us a quest called "Sails of the Shipstealer", there are 62 steps and progressed a little each week, it's not a difficult quest.

Here are the last four steps with the Expedition public event, it's matchmaking with random players or you can make a 3-man fireteam with friends.

Nate152
Another big thing they gave us is the King's Fall raid.

Raids are more challenging 6-man fireteam activities, there are puzzle aspects in the encounters, everyone has to be on the same page doing their specific part, a failure can wipe the whole fireteam. Raids require communication so you must have a mic to do them, they're not matchmaking so you'll have to round up some friends/clan mates to play them.

I'm fortunate enough to be in a clan where they don't mind teaching the encounters, they usually send me an invite if they don't have enough players. In the King's Fall raid you get a pinnacle piece of gear after each encounter so you'll earn four or five pinnacle pieces of gear for completing it.

Thanks to my clan mates I completed the King's Fall raid once. I've done all the Destiny 2 raids and I think the King's Fall raid is very good, how about you?

The final boss is Orex, the Taken King.

Nate152 wrote:
Another big thing they gave us is the King's Fall raid.

Raids are more challenging 6-man fireteam activities, there are puzzle aspects in the encounters, everyone has to be on the same page doing their specific part, a failure can wipe the whole fireteam. Raids require communication so you must have a mic to do them, they're not matchmaking so you'll have to round up some friends/clan mates to play them.

I'm fortunate enough to be in a clan where they don't mind teaching the encounters, they usually send me an invite if they don't have enough players. In the King's Fall raid you get a pinnacle piece of gear after each encounter so you'll earn four or five pinnacle pieces of gear for completing it.

Thanks to my clan mates I completed the King's Fall raid once. I've done all the Destiny 2 raids and I think the King's Fall raid is very good, how about you?

The final boss is Orex, the Taken King.

heya! are you Nate152#7903 in d2? 🙂 If yes, then you must have saved absurd amount of bounties last season to claim this season to reach that lvl! 🙂 Checked some stats at
https://trials.report/report/3/4611686018470763900
https://raid.report/pc/4611686018470763900
https://dungeon.report/pc/4611686018470763900
https://nightfall.report/guardian/3/4611686018470763900

I'm njoy#1852 and i'll add you if u need some pve backup for dungeons or quests etc! But don't forget trying out the Vow of the Disciple raid with your sherpa clan! ❤️ Rhulk will kick butt :))

Hey somewede,

Feel free to add me in your Destiny 2 friends list, my name is the same Nate152.

If you're not in a clan, once you add me to your friends list, right click on me and click inspect clan and request to join.

Clan name is - Exiles of Shadowpanda