cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debate of the best MOBA game, is it LoL, DOTA 2, or something else? [Battle #3]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
We'll be postponing the winners announcement to Dec 30th, the winners for Battle #3 will be posted up on ROG Website

The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 30th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
285 REPLIES 285

spartan_hoplite wrote:
DOTA 2 may be the most popular MOBA games, but I think the graphic is already outdated. Now I love Paragon more because the graphic is really nice with the latest Unreal Engine 4 technology.
You can play Dota2 with low ends PC/Laptop( dual core, dx10 vga and 4gb Ram will runs fine) but to play Paragon you definitely need a ROG Class Laptop/PC.
My point is, if you have ROG PC/laptop then what for you keep spending more time with old DX10 games when there is a newer better games. We need to move on.

Whoa, I just looked at the trailer of this and it looks pretty amazing. The graphics is stunning and in addition to that, it is also in third-person view, which is my personal favorite style. I got to admin, after all the replies here about DOTA 2, it made me want to try it. But seeing this game, I feel like I'm more tempted to play this one instead of DOTA 2. I'm glad you mentioned it. I hope the game has good servers and it keeps growing.

Bahz
Level 12
I'm very shocked to see that it's so one sided right now and no LoL fan have come to defend it.

Bahz wrote:
I'm very shocked to see that it's so one sided right now and no LoL fan have come to defend it.

I agree. I'm really excited to read what they say!
Maybe with all the Dota 2 fans it's a bit overwhelming but don't be scared guys!!
It's not about the best game its about sharing your thoughs!! 😄

Bahz wrote:

LOL maybe all the DOTA fans here made them shy?

Bahz wrote:

that's because DOTA2 had that much players and community member all over the world 😄

shinz14 wrote:
that's because DOTA2 had that much players and community member all over the world 😄

This is my favorite aspect. Get Players round the clock without waiting.

Bahz wrote:

ahahah im on team LoL!
Programmer By Day, Gamer By Night

I'm not a huge fan of MOBA games therefore I can't be helpful here.

amisfit
Level 7
Well to be honest, I don't really play MOBA's. But based on what I've seen whenever I watch e-sports events with some of the different MOBA's I'd have to pick DOTA2 as the best for me. I find it the most visually pleasing, and it's genuinely exciting watching people show off their skills in the game. I can tell it's a very challenging game and requires a lot of good strategy to be successful at it. That's about all I know. I'm totally ignorant. 😕

dingo99
Level 10
I think DOTA2 requires more teamwork, so it's more entertaining to watch. Solo skill is great, but there's nothing like watching a team pull together like clockwork.