cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debate of the best MOBA game, is it LoL, DOTA 2, or something else? [Battle #3]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
We'll be postponing the winners announcement to Dec 30th, the winners for Battle #3 will be posted up on ROG Website

The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 30th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
285 REPLIES 285

just wanna add a point. I want to point out about the most important thing you get from playing DOTA 2 as well as LoL, which is the lessons. A lot have said about in-game stuffs and interface including me, but as far as i can see, no one is posting about life lessons. There are two things, the positives and negatives.
1. Positive lessons. DOTA has taught me English, im each day increasing my english vocabulary, grammar, etc. It has also taught me how to cooperate and not being selfish cause it takes more than just skills to win the game. Studies have also shown that, gamer is usually brilliant in class and has higher IQ than non-gamer. It also helps me to spend money wisely.
2. Negatives. DOTA like all games, is highly addictive, therefore it must be balanced by other activities, e.g. sports. I have seen people that are really addicted to DOTA and has never spent a full day outside and away from computer, not even prayer or hangout with their family, its like living in a cave, only this cave is equipped with techs. You have no connection to the world outside. Second is time-managing. I am a Muslim, we are obliged to pray 5 times a day, and DOTA (well, its not just DOTA) has turned almost everyone to abandon their prayers and other obligations.
Now, for me, i have learned from the negatives that, i must not fall for the virtual world, DOTA is good, but there are also many other things to achieve. So, instead of falling to the dark side, hehe... i took the bad habits into life lessons, and as a reminder that life is just too short to spend most of the time with games. And by the way im still siding with DOTA cause of the many features, challenging, and hardness which i have shared in my previous comments.

angelanz2 wrote:
just wanna add a point. I want to point out about the most important thing you get from playing DOTA 2 as well as LoL, which is the lessons. A lot have said about in-game stuffs and interface including me, but as far as i can see, no one is posting about life lessons. There are two things, the positives and negatives.
1. Positive lessons. DOTA has taught me English, im each day increasing my english vocabulary, grammar, etc. It has also taught me how to cooperate and not being selfish cause it takes more than just skills to win the game. Studies have also shown that, gamer is usually brilliant in class and has higher IQ than non-gamer. It also helps me to spend money wisely.
2. Negatives. DOTA like all games, is highly addictive, therefore it must be balanced by other activities, e.g. sports. I have seen people that are really addicted to DOTA and has never spent a full day outside and away from computer, not even prayer or hangout with their family, its like living in a cave, only this cave is equipped with techs. You have no connection to the world outside. Second is time-managing. I am a Muslim, we are obliged to pray 5 times a day, and DOTA (well, its not just DOTA) has turned almost everyone to abandon their prayers and other obligations.
Now, for me, i have learned from the negatives that, i must not fall for the virtual world, DOTA is good, but there are also many other things to achieve. So, instead of falling to the dark side, hehe... i took the bad habits into life lessons, and as a reminder that life is just too short to spend most of the time with games. And by the way im still siding with DOTA cause of the many features, challenging, and hardness which i have shared in my previous comments.

Yea, one of the good thing in dota 2 is that there is NO surrender unlike LoL. The game wants you to play till the end and that what makes a good player pro 😄
Programmer By Day, Gamer By Night

Constantly expanding and offers such a wide array of characters and playstyles you can play anything the way you want. Several maps to play on and whats funner than jumping into the middle of the enemy team and wiping them out when you are about to lose the game and take it to the house for the win!@

Only negatives I can really think of is the desire for the skins and it takes a beating on your wallet.

Dota 2 never fails to give us smiles,relieve stress and give us joy. Its challenging, now with the new update it gives more challenging gameplay and new tactics. I hope I win a graphics card for my computer thanks :D*

DOTA 2...... i have friends there.

The best MOBA game is the one you can play with your friends.

Mine would be DotA (the first one, over Warcraft III) because it can run over Intel HD graphics. Hehehe.

Yuten wrote:
Dota 2. Though my heart is begging me to actually say:"DOTA 2 EZ GGWP!!!"

Well let's breakdown what "best" means:
1) Overall enjoyment
2) Game design
3)Upkeep and Improvement
4)Visuals (Graphics)
5)Community and how it's controlled

Man, finding a decent match in original DOTA was a pain in the ass. I'm honestly thankful that they decided to create their own game, causing other MOBAs to appear. Having their own system really made finding a match easier.

Are there only few skillshots in DOTA? League of Legends didn't have much complex mechanics, but now that you've mentioned it, I realize that a lot of champions in League of Legends has a skillshot-based skill. When my friends told me about LoL and told me about the summoner skills. I honestly thought it was a bit lame that champions have the ability to flash for free, even in and out of combat.

I think it's DOTA 2; LOL is too easy for playing. To play Dota 2, you need great skill. And prize pool for Dota 2 championships much better than LOL. And there are some games which better than Dota 2 and LOL, like these https://dmarket.com/blog/top-20-games-2017/

nikiking wrote:
Smite is my favourite moba and i have played LoL Dota2 and heroes of the storm.I like it so much cuz im not a huge fan of mobas and smite is the moba for ppl who dont like mobas.

I think that's true, although I haven't tried Smite yet but my friend who was a hardcore CS:GO player moved over to play Smite and he told me it's awesome.

nikiking wrote:
Smite is my favourite moba and i have played LoL Dota2 and heroes of the storm.I like it so much cuz im not a huge fan of mobas and smite is the moba for ppl who dont like mobas.

I never quite got into Smite… For the very same reason you have listed Smite is the reason that I have listed Paragon.