cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debate of the best MOBA game, is it LoL, DOTA 2, or something else? [Battle #3]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
We'll be postponing the winners announcement to Dec 30th, the winners for Battle #3 will be posted up on ROG Website

The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 30th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
285 REPLIES 285

HiVan wrote:
Funny you mentioned DotA 1, in our country a lot of people still plays it. In fact, there still are tournaments being held for DotA 1 :eek::D

Is DOTA still supported, I have seen that the game is still widely played in Asian countries and parts elsewhere, but does the community input still result in patches or is the game EoL?

DJFulcrum wrote:
Is DOTA still supported, I have seen that the game is still widely played in Asian countries and parts elsewhere, but does the community input still result in patches or is the game EoL?

As far as I know Icefrog always patched Dota 1 because a lot of people are still playing it, he always works on Dota 2 first though. I think this last major patch might have been the last update to Dota 1 because there is a lot to add and I don't know if it'll be even possible to get the talent trees working in Dota 1 (would be hard for some heroes).

In Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and the other SEA countries people still play Dota 1 in net cafes even though Dota 2 is available. Although some PCs might not run it well there. Whatever makes them happy I guess, just shows how much people love Dota, or they aren't willing to let go haha.

Sh3pathome wrote:
As far as I know Icefrog always patched Dota 1 because a lot of people are still playing it, he always works on Dota 2 first though. I think this last major patch might have been the last update to Dota 1 because there is a lot to add and I don't know if it'll be even possible to get the talent trees working in Dota 1 (would be hard for some heroes).

In Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and the other SEA countries people still play Dota 1 in net cafes even though Dota 2 is available. Although some PCs might not run it well there. Whatever makes them happy I guess, just shows how much people love Dota, or they aren't willing to let go haha.

Yep, I can attest to that. I am from the Philippines and a lot of people are still playing DotA 1. Most of them are saying that DotA 2 just feels very different, that's why they didn't shift to DotA 2.

batekha
Level 7
in my opinion its League of Legends. the largest factor is because it's very fun to play and just meets my thoughts and on top of this it's free to play. yes, there are shops but you dont need to buy anything to stay competitive

also it's a very deep game, not just hack and slay style, it's very strategic

and last but not least the developers are very user friendly and caring. they really care for the game and update it very often

Greets from Germany.

davidlesterbaro
Level 7
im surprise no one mentioned Heroes of the Storm and Smite in this discussion 😞
Programmer By Day, Gamer By Night

davidlesterbaron wrote:
im surprise no one mentioned Heroes of the Storm and Smite in this discussion 😞

It had been mentioned, but lacking elaboration. DOTA 2 players went deep into discussion their game.

Badelhas
Level 7
Bahz wrote:

The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 26th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...

Who won, please? Cheers

Bahz
Level 12
The announcement will be delayed, we'll be postponing the announcement to Dec 30th

AkaNe0
Level 10
Winners of the Battle #3 just have been announced! Thanks everyone for your participation, and here are the chosen ones:

Yuten - Dota 2
DaRkKenX - League of Legends
TenshiLX - Dota 2 + LoL
Hadid21Vpro - Dota 2

More details on the article - so hit the link.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Winners of the Battle #3 just have been announced! Thanks everyone for your participation, and here are the chosen ones:

Yuten - Dota 2
DaRkKenX - League of Legends
TenshiLX - Dota 2 + LoL
Hadid21Vpro - Dota 2

More details on the article - so hit the link.

Congratulations to you all!