cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debate of the best MOBA game, is it LoL, DOTA 2, or something else? [Battle #3]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:
We'll be postponing the winners announcement to Dec 30th, the winners for Battle #3 will be posted up on ROG Website

The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
  • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 30th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
285 REPLIES 285

Bahz wrote:
Good points

Thanks 😉

One more thing about why Dota 2 is really special and why it's a heavily community driven game.

1. Dota 2 have custom games just like the old days in Warcraft engine that uses World Editor. Dota 2 allows other people to create it's own game using Dota 2 Workshop tools! Currently there are plenty of custom games that are very fun to play, plenty of tower defense games, RPG games and even LoL mod is in Dota 2. For me, it's really good for people who want to take a break from playing Dota 2 without leaving Dota 2 client.

Image taken from Dota2.com

2. Dota 2 also allows other people to create their own cosmetic items and submit them into the game. When accepted, they can get some commission based on the sales. People can even make serious money in the game.

danzzal wrote:
One more thing about why Dota 2 is really special and why it's a heavily community driven game.

1. Dota 2 have custom games just like the old days in Warcraft engine that uses World Editor. Dota 2 allows other people to create it's own game using Dota 2 Workshop tools! Currently there are plenty of custom games that are very fun to play, plenty of tower defense games, RPG games and even LoL mod is in Dota 2. For me, it's really good for people who want to take a break from playing Dota 2 without leaving Dota 2 client.

2. Dota 2 also allows other people to create their own cosmetic items and submit them into the game. When accepted, they can get some commission based on the sales. People can even make serious money in the game.

Yeah I agree it's a community based game, like the community funding part is an amazing idea, it's great that they're doing that for tournaments.

danzzal wrote:

definitely a good one opinion!
but I didn't know that u can have like that commision based on sales when approved.
didn't bother me bcoz I'm not good creating cosmetic seriously 😄

shinz14 wrote:
but I didn't know that u can have like that commision based on sales when approved.

Oh wow, I didn't know they got the custom games from DotA 1 in DotA 2. Oh my god, those were the days. Treetag specifically is my favorite. I really should install DotA 2 soon, haha. I'll give it another shot. Though, DotA 2 requires better specs compared to LoL. I hope my PC will hold up. Wish me luck.

I think the best MOBA game is a game which has the following five points:

• ease of understanding;
    The game, which does not require understanding of any problems, allowing to have an advantage over newcomers. The game principle - equality of new and old players.
  • a choice in everything;
    The game, which allows you to choose not only his character with unique skills, but also the possibility to choose the location in which to conduct the battle. Agree to bother fighting on the same card.
    Just a good game should allow to choose characters with unique abilities buildup, instead of giving them prepared in advance, allowing you to dynamically change the strategy of the game, depending on the situation.
  • improve the game;
    by that I mean the existence of the store during the game, which can be exchanged for in-game currency for various improvements during the match.
  • nice graphics, animation;
    Just a beautiful game with a nice animation.
  • Freedom of movement, unique emotions of the character.
    The game allows you to run, jump, allowing the character to share a variety of emotions and its allies, which is accompanied by an appropriate animation.

So my choice would be the Land Of Chaos Online (LOCO), if it is not closed. Now I am looking forward to the resumption of the game called TADAR ...

I have played Dota 1(3-4years?), HoN(1 year) , Dota2(3-4 years?) , Infinite Crysis,(1year) ,Hots(1 year) and also saw some gameplays of LoL........ (I also played Smite 1 month... technically it is a moba.... but i dont like to call it that).

-Even tho i liked Infinite Crysis because it had the popular characters from DC Universe (batman ,superman etc), the mechanics were pretty simple...and the game was closed sadly:(...

-Even tho i am currently playing Heroes of the storm cause i got bored of Dota2 and also cause it's a bit different with it's TALENTS/SKILLS based gameplay not with ITEMS like the other mobas and also different objectives based maps....

I will still place Dota 2 in the first place because yeah... it's the most complex game in every way..... especially with the new added mod custom maps from Warcraft 3... complex mechanics....awesome graphics... etc.

So yeah if i were to make a Top with these games which i liked and had fun hmm it might go like this:
1.Dota2
2.Hots
3.Dota1

Not sure about these ones order:
4.HoN
5.LoL
6.Infinite crysis
7.Smite

Amused2Death wrote:
I have played Dota 1(3-4years?), HoN(1 year) , Dota2(3-4 years?) , Infinite Crysis,(1year) ,Hots(1 year) and also saw some gameplays of LoL........ (I also played Smite 1 month... technically it is a moba.... but i dont like to call it that).

-Even tho i liked Infinite Crysis because it had the popular characters from DC Universe (batman ,superman etc), the mechanics were pretty simple...and the game was closed sadly:(...

-Even tho i am currently playing Heroes of the storm cause i got bored of Dota2 and also cause it's a bit different with it's TALENTS/SKILLS based gameplay not with ITEMS like the other mobas and also different objectives based maps....

I will still place Dota 2 in the first place because yeah... it's the most complex game in every way..... especially with the new added mod custom maps from Warcraft 3... complex mechanics....awesome graphics... etc.

So yeah if i were to make a Top with these games which i liked and had fun hmm it might go like this:
1.Dota2
2.Hots
3.Dota1

Not sure about these ones order:
4.HoN
5.LoL
6.Infinite crysis
7.Smite

Try playing League of Legends, who knows, it might be the one for you? 😉

HiVan wrote:
Oh wow, I didn't know they got the custom games from DotA 1 in DotA 2. Oh my god, those were the days. Treetag specifically is my favorite. I really should install DotA 2 soon, haha. I'll give it another shot. Though, DotA 2 requires better specs compared to LoL. I hope my PC will hold up. Wish me luck.

They do have a lot of custom games that were from Dota 1 and Tree tag is one of them. The custom game is still new in Dota 2 so there might me some annoying bug, but that really depends on the developers of the custom games. But there are already plenty of great custom games, for example, Legion TD, Element TD, Troll vs Elves are great games with very little bug.

Dota 2 is really forgiving in term of PC performance. The settings are really flexible. You can adjust a lot of things especially the one that you wouldn't mind in low quality like shadows, etc. while gaining noticeable performance. Also, Dota 2 is a CPU demanding game, so, less chance for your CPU to bottleneck the performance (which is a good thing)

shinz14 wrote:

Yeah, you can even make some serious money even when you don't play professionally. That is why Dota 2 community consist of plenty talented artist and Valve really encouraging them more.