cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant play MWII on new build

Agent711
Level 8
Launching COD from battle.net app, COD MWII Season 2 window pops up, with ricochet anti-cheat in the upper right, the white bar at the bottom progresses completely but ends there. PC must be rebooted after every failed launch before any new attempt can be made because the .exe locks up and cant even be cleared from task manager. Black ops Cold War and every other game I have works fine. Worth noting that this is a brand new pc build, win 11 pro, I9-13900K, ROG Strix GTX 4090, ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme motherboard, 128gb ddr5. I have done all basic troubleshooting, disabled firewalls, added exceptions, reloaded the game, new drivers, old drivers, C++, all updates, different internet, everything I could think of before writing this didnt feel like a waste of time anymore. any advice is welcome

https://ibb.co/2yLSk4Y
11 REPLIES 11

That's really some strange software conflict, but good to hear that you managed to get the game running.

Agent711 wrote:
I just found the solution and I cant believe it. I had disabled microsoft one-drive and for whatever reason that caused my problem. After enabling it everything is working. Im still in shock but want to thank you both for your help.

No worries, Anti Cheat can be pretty particular at times.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090