cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch flickering when screen black

Saggy_Berries
Level 7
I just received a new Asus monitor, and I've noticed, whenever lots of black or dark grey is displayed a slight, quick, flickering occurs. This is very annoying and have not been able to get it to go away. It has happened with VGA from my laptop and HDMI from my Xbox 360, so I don't think input is the issue. Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
Hmm...while your Xbox is connected, does it occur, when it changes to loading screen or randomly ingame? :confused:
Maybe it happens because of almost instant fps change from your input source. Your monitor has a refresh rate of 50-75Hz on either analog or digital input. 😉
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

Mark3
Level 8
Try a direct link to your computer using HDMI and confirm that the refresh rate is set to its highest setting. Does this issue happen only with gray and black backgrounds? Anything in games or with video?
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.